Arden Key, DL

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SlowDownBoy:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I'm surprised at this. If he was good why would the Raiders release him? I saw great potential when I watched him as a rookie, but there was a huge issue with consistency.

I'm fine with taking a swing, but this had better not stop us from drafting an edge on Day 2.

Good point!

Corner and guard have to take priority. Still could go edge but I'd honestly prefer two OL and a corner.

I agree

Offensive line and defensive backs have to be addressed rather early
of course this is the truth
Lynch doing a great job this week. Draft flexibility.

If you miss out on a edge rusher in the first few rounds, you arent compelled to take one later just to check the list. Key is basically an extra 6th rounder, probably with more upside than anyone else you will find that late.
$1.245M deal, $920K base($100K GTD), $25K SB, $100K Workout Bonus, $200K LTBE Incentive.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
$1.245M deal, $920K base($100K GTD), $25K SB, $100K Workout Bonus, $200K LTBE Incentive.

What's that?

Low risk, high reward..
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

Low risk, high reward..

Indeed, I imagine Hurst got a similar deal.
Originally posted by lamontb:
What's that?

Likely To Be Earned (basically incentives to ensure you at least maintain your current projected standard).
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Key was an under-achiever with the Raiders...but, they don't have Coach Kocurek, either. I'll bet he'll get more out of Arden than LV did. Love this and the Gallman signing. And neither has anything to do with drafting Mac Jones! Coach will take either Fields or Lance, bank it.

Awesome prediction. I hope you are right about Key.
I also like the additions of Hurst+Key in FA from the Raiders, I think they will easily make our 53, and it also allowed us to not be locked into needing DL help in the draft if we didn't need to. I personally love our draft, we got a QB to replace Jimmy G soon, while adding a starting Guard who is good in pass protection. Throw in 2 RB's locked up for 4 years, 2 CB's to be groomed, and a hard hitting SS who can play ST immediately, and most likely take over the SS spot in a year or two.
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
I also like the additions of Hurst+Key in FA from the Raiders, I think they will easily make our 53, and it also allowed us to not be locked into needing DL help in the draft if we didn't need to. I personally love our draft, we got a QB to replace Jimmy G soon, while adding a starting Guard who is good in pass protection. Throw in 2 RB's locked up for 4 years, 2 CB's to be groomed, and a hard hitting SS who can play ST immediately, and most likely take over the SS spot in a year or two.

Exactly

Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:

Exactly

Originally posted by lamontb:

What's that?

Likely to be earmed
I'm actually excited for this kid. I think we could get some good reps from him in this wide 9 defense. Maybe he ends up being trash but I think he will surprise people.
Hopefully he can open a few doors in SF. But if I were the coaches I'd have a locksmith on speed dial.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Hopefully he can open a few doors in SF. But if I were the coaches I'd have a locksmith on speed dial.
Share 49ersWebzone