LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 226 users in the forums

New Miami Dolphins HC Mike McDaniel

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
Saleh took the wrong guy. This guy's run design is brilliant and would've complemented Saleh's aggressive defense better than LaFleur.

Good news for us.

Personally, I think Kyle and Saleh talked and basically said, take one or the other, but not both.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Saleh took the wrong guy. This guy's run design is brilliant and would've complemented Saleh's aggressive defense better than LaFleur.

Good news for us.

Personally, I think Kyle and Saleh talked and basically said, take one or the other, but not both.

Probably so but I agree he should have taken McDaniel.

Good news for us.

• 9moon
  • Veteran
I SAY this is a GHOST TITLE, we all know who the OC is, and Mickey D is nothing more than a GAME PLAN COPIER AND LAMINATOR..
Originally posted by 9moon:
I SAY this is a GHOST TITLE, we all know who the OC is, and Mickey D is nothing more than a GAME PLAN COPIER AND LAMINATOR..

No one cares what you say.

It's the same thing with a ton of offensive minded HCs...Saints, KC, GB, LAR etc. They all have "offensive coordinators" but it all goes through the HC. Everything I've read on McDainels is he's smart as f**k and plays a big part in game planning and making plays. This gives him a title and more cash.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Originally posted by NYniner85:

It's the same thing with a ton of offensive minded HCs...Saints, KC, GB, LAR etc. They all have "offensive coordinators" but it all goes through the HC. Everything I've read on McDainels is he's smart as f**k and plays a big part in game planning and making plays. This gives him a title and more cash.

It's a better pick up line at the bar also.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:

Ooooopsss, is it that time of the month again ??
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
It's a better pick up line at the bar also.

He's probably not gonna be at a bar

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:

Good news for us.

Probably so but I agree he should have taken McDaniel.

Personally, if I was Saleh and wanted a run dominated offense, I'd have taken Benton and made him my OC. Just my .02
Nice. Honestly its about time kyle finally has an OC. We know Kyle has final say for offensive game plans, but its nice to get some stuff off your plate. Wonder if kyle still dominates play calling though?
Personally, if I was Saleh and wanted a run dominated offense, I'd have taken Benton and made him my OC. Just my .02

Benton is just an OL coach. McDaniel is considered a brilliant mind and an innovative run designer. Mike Shanahan used to rave about how smart McDaniel was and why his potential allowed him to stick around despite his alcohol issues. But I just learned that LaFleur and Saleh are BFFs. Apparently, LaFleur was Saleh's best man at his wedding. It was a no brainer for him then.

Good for us.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 15, 2021 at 1:42 PM ]

Maybe he can take this team back to the super bowl.
Good for Mike McDaniel, as many have said, KC, GB, LAR, NO all have OCs, but the HCs call the plays, so yes it's just a new title in a sense, but he'll take on more responsibilities, I'm happy to keep him, and having DeMeco as the next DC.
Share 49ersWebzone