There are 240 users in the forums

So........T.J. Watt.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
What consistency? One good year? This year they've beaten two of the worst teams in the history of the nfl. I can't even have an opinion without getting ripped apart here
When the steelers stay put and draft tj watt, and the niners draft solomon thomas and reuben roster with the 3rd and 31st pick, they not just missed they completely f**ked up.

Steelers have needed a TE ever since Heath Miller left. Took our trash Vance McDonald. How many times did they pass on Kittle?

Can do that all day for every team.
Fair, but I have to disagree. The teams that are consistently competitive are the ones that draft well. the 49ers have definitely missed more than hit on their draft picks. You can point to George kittle and Fred warner, I can point joe williams, dante pettis, reuben foster etc. I will admit their undrafted players and cheap free agents have been above average. But I think these draft misses are catching up to them. And I do think these misses are masked because of kyle shanahan'ssystem.

If you get one really good player from a draft it's a success.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Heroism:
I'm surprised he's been as durable as he's been given the 4 serious knee injuries he had in college. Dude is a baller.

Goes to show exactly how much of that is luck.

Drafting always has been part luck, especially in the later rounds. Same for injuries.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by English:
Yeah Niners traded up to get Reuben foster one pick later. Idiots. I swear there have been so many mistakes made by this organization. The Superbowl masked it. Just like baalke.

Just like every other NFL team, actually. Baalke did set lower standards. But apparently you have forgotten the starters who were undrafted, the low picks who have made good, guys like Brunskill brought in from the busted league, FA signings who have made good. Yes, those idiots have transformed one of the worst teams in the NFL into a powerhouse.

So, which teams don't miss with their picks?

Id have to go with the Steelers and ravens as they consistently have their teams competitive. They draft well, and they seem to hit on a majority of their picks. They usually build through the draft and usually don't rely on high priced free agents. Are they perfect? No, but they don't miss on the level as other teams.
They have consistency something our Niners are just now seeing.

And how are you going to blame the Niners for passing on TJ Watt when he wasn't even available when they picked? My God if that's your logic I guess in theory the other 30 teams are idiots too?

Super Bowl masked our mistakes? WTF are you talking about. Everyone team makes mistakes. The teams that make the fewest are usually the most competitive. Hint Hint, the 49ers.
What consistency? One good year? This year they've beaten two of the worst teams in the history of the nfl. I can't even have an opinion without getting ripped apart here
When the steelers stay put and draft tj watt, and the niners draft solomon thomas and reuben roster with the 3rd and 31st pick, they not just missed they completely f**ked up.

You can have an opinion. Your's just happens to be rather unpopular considering you're taking one draft pick as an example of how the 49ers draft poorly while omitting all the other things they've done. How many starters do we have now that we're drafted or picked up as undrafted free agents? I believe it's quite a few.

I don't even know how I found my way into this thread I don't care about TJ Watt and definitely not about s**ttsburg.
[ Edited by Lott49ersFan on Oct 1, 2020 at 9:08 AM ]
I'm surprised he's been as durable as he's been given the 4 serious knee injuries he had in college. Dude is a baller.

Just get it out of the way in college like Gore
Yeah Niners traded up to get Reuben foster one pick later. Idiots. I swear there have been so many mistakes made by this organization. The Superbowl masked it. Just like baalke.

A little harsh. Reuben was a gamble that did not pay off. You win some, you lose some. But I cannot blame the niners for trying. Soloman Thomas though. Any idiot knew he wouldn't be an NFL caliber DT
  • dj43
Originally posted by pdizo916:

A little harsh. Reuben was a gamble that did not pay off. You win some, you lose some. But I cannot blame the niners for trying. Soloman Thomas though. Any idiot knew he wouldn't be an NFL caliber DT

That is a gross over-statement. He may have been drafted a bit high, however, many draft analysts had him going no lower than 12-15.
I remember watching a 'Brick By Brick' episode after that draft...the Niners were REALLY high on T.J. Watt. I think it was Shanahan saying he and Lynch really liked him and were seriously thinking about trading to get back into the latter part of the 1st to pick him. But they also liked Reuben Foster, who kept falling in the draft. I wonder what would have happened if another team drafted Foster earlier in the 1st, if the Niners would have jumped in later in the 1st to pick Watt. Who knows, and why torture myself with that thought.
Originally posted by dj43:
That is a gross over-statement. He may have been drafted a bit high, however, many draft analysts had him going no lower than 12-15.

They should be fired immediately.
  • dj43
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by dj43:

They should be fired immediately.

*funny*

Actually, some of them have admitted they were wrong and are still being paid for their work.

Fair, but I have to disagree. The teams that are consistently competitive are the ones that draft well. the 49ers have definitely missed more than hit on their draft picks. You can point to George kittle and Fred warner, I can point joe williams, dante pettis, reuben foster etc. I will admit their undrafted players and cheap free agents have been above average. But I think these draft misses are catching up to them. And I do think these misses are masked because of kyle shanahan'ssystem.

Every team misses. Teams are lucky to hit on half of their draft picks. Lets look at the Steelers busts (drafted in first 3 rounds in recent drafts):
Justin Layne
Mason Rudolph
Cameron Sutton
Sean Davis
Artie Burns
Sammie Coates
Sanquez Golson
Markus Wheaton
Jarvis Jones
I'm just waking up right now... how in the f**k did yall somehow turn this thread into something like this? A negative one.

Originally posted by pdfortune:
Why, don't you make a Patrick Mahomes thread they could have traded back and got him? How about a Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, Christian Mcaffrey etc...? This guy isn't in the division, or conference JJ Watt was way more dominant until he missed over 30 games in 4 years. Will TJ have a similar fate. Since, this is a 49er website it is kinda dumb to have threads about every player that could have been.

Some of yall are paranoid, insecure, and entitled.

Dude is a great player so far, THAT'S IT. He's fun to watch. I figure there are going to be more moments where he is talked about, so I thought he should have his own thread. Because I don't know, we're football fans? This is the NFL Section? Everything doesn't have to be negative...catty....etc.

And you can create a Patrick thread if you want.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 1, 2020 at 11:14 AM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Drafting always has been part luck, especially in the later rounds. Same for injuries.

Well it's only a couple serious knee injuries if he had just given up. That's not luck at that point, IMO. Alot of guys arent built to keep coming back like that.
  • dj43
Originally posted by pdfortune:
Why, don't you make a Patrick Mahomes thread they could have traded back and got him? How about a Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, Christian Mcaffrey etc...? This guy isn't in the division, or conference JJ Watt was way more dominant until he missed over 30 games in 4 years. Will TJ have a similar fate. Since, this is a 49er website it is kinda dumb to have threads about every player that could have been.

Allow me to make a technical correction about this site: It is a primarily a sports site with different forums for various topics, the primary topic being SF 49ers football. This particular forum is about the NFL in general. By reading this forum about other players and organizations around the NFL, 49er fans will have a much better perspective on 49er players and the organization. Let's keep that in mind and enjoy talking about the game here in general while we stay on the thread topic.
Originally posted by miked1978:
They have consistency something our Niners are just now seeing.

And how are you going to blame the Niners for passing on TJ Watt when he wasn't even available when they picked? My God if that's your logic I guess in theory the other 30 teams are idiots too?

Super Bowl masked our mistakes? WTF are you talking about. Everyone team makes mistakes. The teams that make the fewest are usually the most competitive. Hint Hint, the 49ers.

This. We took arguably the worst roster to the best roster. A lot of it with draft picks.

Him and JJ are sick same with the bosa brothers
[ Edited by elguapo on Oct 6, 2020 at 11:57 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone