LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 219 users in the forums

So........T.J. Watt.

Shop 49ers game tickets
He's pretty good huh?

I figure he deserves his own thread in the NFL section. He's that good.

But this thread is open too.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/188039-tj-watt-olb-wisconsin/search=watt
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Sep 30, 2020 at 9:00 PM ]
I'm surprised he's been as durable as he's been given the 4 serious knee injuries he had in college. Dude is a baller.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

But this thread is open too.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/188039-tj-watt-olb-wisconsin/search=watt

I searched and saw that... but we can't live in the past.

Needs more exposure.
Originally posted by Heroism:
I'm surprised he's been as durable as he's been given the 4 serious knee injuries he had in college. Dude is a baller.

Right? He's started every game I believe.
Yeah Niners traded up to get Reuben foster one pick later. Idiots. I swear there have been so many mistakes made by this organization. The Superbowl masked it. Just like baalke.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Yeah Niners traded up to get Reuben foster one pick later. Idiots. I swear there have been so many mistakes made by this organization. The Superbowl masked it. Just like baalke.

Just like every other NFL team, actually. Baalke did set lower standards. But apparently you have forgotten the starters who were undrafted, the low picks who have made good, guys like Brunskill brought in from the busted league, FA signings who have made good. Yes, those idiots have transformed one of the worst teams in the NFL into a powerhouse.

So, which teams don't miss with their picks?
Originally posted by English:

Just like every other NFL team, actually. Baalke did set lower standards. But apparently you have forgotten the starters who were undrafted, the low picks who have made good, guys like Brunskill brought in from the busted league, FA signings who have made good. Yes, those idiots have transformed one of the worst teams in the NFL into a powerhouse.

Id have to go with the Steelers and ravens as they consistently have their teams competitive. They draft well, and they seem to hit on a majority of their picks. They usually build through the draft and usually don't rely on high priced free agents. Are they perfect? No, but they don't miss on the level as other teams.

Id have to go with the Steelers and ravens as they consistently have their teams competitive. They draft well, and they seem to hit on a majority of their picks. They usually build through the draft and usually don't rely on high priced free agents. Are they perfect? No, but they don't miss on the level as other teams.
They have consistency something our Niners are just now seeing.

And how are you going to blame the Niners for passing on TJ Watt when he wasn't even available when they picked? My God if that's your logic I guess in theory the other 30 teams are idiots too?

Super Bowl masked our mistakes? WTF are you talking about. Everyone team makes mistakes. The teams that make the fewest are usually the most competitive. Hint Hint, the 49ers.
Originally posted by miked1978:

They have consistency something our Niners are just now seeing.

And how are you going to blame the Niners for passing on TJ Watt when he wasn't even available when they picked? My God if that's your logic I guess in theory the other 30 teams are idiots too?

Super Bowl masked our mistakes? WTF are you talking about. Everyone team makes mistakes. The teams that make the fewest are usually the most competitive. Hint Hint, the 49ers.
What consistency? One good year? This year they've beaten two of the worst teams in the history of the nfl. I can't even have an opinion without getting ripped apart here
When the steelers stay put and draft tj watt, and the niners draft solomon thomas and reuben roster with the 3rd and 31st pick, they not just missed they completely f**ked up.

Why, don't you make a Patrick Mahomes thread they could have traded back and got him? How about a Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, Christian Mcaffrey etc...? This guy isn't in the division, or conference JJ Watt was way more dominant until he missed over 30 games in 4 years. Will TJ have a similar fate. Since, this is a 49er website it is kinda dumb to have threads about every player that could have been.
What consistency? One good year? This year they've beaten two of the worst teams in the history of the nfl. I can't even have an opinion without getting ripped apart here
When the steelers stay put and draft tj watt, and the niners draft solomon thomas and reuben roster with the 3rd and 31st pick, they not just missed they completely f**ked up.

I think the reason you feel attacked is your opinion seems to be highly biased against what most people consider to be a very effective organization overall, especially given the state of the 49ers over the previous roughly 2 decades.

English makes a very good point, there is not a single team that hits on all their draft picks. The thing that sets good teams apart is they maximize value out of all the players they sign, including undrafted players which the 49ers have arguable been the best at since this regime took over.
Originally posted by pdfortune:
Why, don't you make a Patrick Mahomes thread they could have traded back and got him? How about a Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, Christian Mcaffrey etc...? This guy isn't in the division, or conference JJ Watt was way more dominant until he missed over 30 games in 4 years. Will TJ have a similar fate. Since, this is a 49er website it is kinda dumb to have threads about every player that could have been.

Originally posted by trogdor:

I think the reason you feel attacked is your opinion seems to be highly biased against what most people consider to be a very effective organization overall, especially given the state of the 49ers over the previous roughly 2 decades.

English makes a very good point, there is not a single team that hits on all their draft picks. The thing that sets good teams apart is they maximize value out of all the players they sign, including undrafted players which the 49ers have arguable been the best at since this regime took over.

Fair, but I have to disagree. The teams that are consistently competitive are the ones that draft well. the 49ers have definitely missed more than hit on their draft picks. You can point to George kittle and Fred warner, I can point joe williams, dante pettis, reuben foster etc. I will admit their undrafted players and cheap free agents have been above average. But I think these draft misses are catching up to them. And I do think these misses are masked because of kyle shanahan'ssystem.
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Oct 1, 2020 at 8:10 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

Goes to show exactly how much of that is luck.
Share 49ersWebzone