LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 173 users in the forums

Changes coming to regular season and playoffs

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by pdizo916:
9 road games and 8 home games. It looks like certain teams will get f**ked over. SMH. How about hiring full time refs that actually know how to officiate a game....

Watch, the SEA will always seem to get the extra home game. Against the Browns.

And the 49ers will always travel to New Orleans. Like they do now. Only twice.

And if that 17th game is "neutral" city, SEA will play in Vancover. 49ers will get China.

If the league really wants change, do away with the division winner gets a home game regardless of record. Reseed.
No.

Leave it the way it is. Regular season and playoffs.
Screw it just make the playoffs a 16 game elimination bracket
[ Edited by SFTifoso on Feb 20, 2020 at 5:13 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Scottie15:
This is why losing the Superbowl as the #1 seed this year was more painful than most people realize.

Losing the game as any seed is painful.

Aww come on I wanna hear how and why losing the super bowl as a 1 seed was more painful than I realize.
so are we starting the reg season a week early or ending a week late
Late NFL Commissioner Pete Rozelle had a vision of every team going 8-8 and the playoffs not decided till the final snap of the season. In order to attain parity the NFL is surrendering quality. The hunger of these owners knows no bounds. Bernard Pollard former safety with the Ravens stated that the NFL will be gone within 30 years due injury concerns and greed. People laughed at the suggestion, they're not laughing anymore.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
So the number 1 seed is the only team to have a bye...dont like that
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Screw it just make the playoffs a 16 game elimination bracket
I'd like to see two fields in the shape of a +
Two teams play north to south while the other two play east to west and have to contend with each other when nearing the 50 yard line. Sort of an NFL battle royal
[ Edited by Sourball on Feb 20, 2020 at 8:22 AM ]
Originally posted by Sourball:
I'd like to see two fields in the shape of a +
Two teams play north to south while the other two play east to west and have to contend with each other when nearing the 50 yard line. Sort of an NFL battle royal

I love it! Let's get really crazy instead of just half crazy. I don't like adding another game. If they want to add games, make it 2 so the homw and away is even. Add the practice squad to the regular roster to allow more rotation.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Scottie15:
This is why losing the Superbowl as the #1 seed this year was more painful than most people realize.

Losing the game as any seed is painful.

Even worse as the #1 seed.

Expanding the playoffs from 12 to 14 teams was inevitable. Been expecting it for a while.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erminion:
so are we starting the reg season a week early or ending a week late

Starting early since the preseason would be just 3 games.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Would love to see the draft before free agency.
Quick glance at this thread title on the main forum page and I thought it said "Chargers coming to the playoffs" and I immediately thought they sure as s**t arent going to be! LOL
Share 49ersWebzone