There are 271 users in the forums

Changes coming to regular season and playoffs

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Why change something that's been working fine for so long?

To make more money.

Greed is going to kill the best game in America.

It really wont.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Why change something that's been working fine for so long?

To make more money.

Greed is going to kill the best game in America.
I'd say the Greed is what has made it the game it is today. What's killing it are the medical related issues and the effects it's having on the rules.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Who would have made it last year?

I am in favor of trimming down the field to less teams. 4 division winners and one wild card from would be better IMO.

Rams and Steelers. Rams were better than the Eagles and were surging. Titans nearly missed the playoffs had the Steelers won in week 17 and they were clearly one of the best teams.

Teams without winning records making the playoffs won't make the playoffs better.

Why not just go to 20 team playoff format? We will be almost as half the teams getting in if this is approved. It cheapens the regular season and makes the playoffs less interesting IMO.

So then make it based off conference record and get rid of divions. Bc thats what you are arguing. Nearly every year you have some 8 and 8 divion winner team making the playoffs. We've even had 7 and 9 make it before. Does that make the playoffs better?

One extra team from each conference is fine. Like Hysterical said, Eagles were not better than the Rams and the Titans almost missed the playoffs.

• Mayor
  • Veteran
How does seven teams per conference make the playoffs will work?
Originally posted by Mayor:

2v7, 3v6, 4v5.

1v4, 2v3
  • Mayor
  • Veteran

2v7, 3v6, 4v5.

1v4, 2v3
Ohh, I see. That's a horrible idea. Then just make it 8 teams per conference and just two pre session games. Joint practices are more favored by the teams anyway.

2v7, 3v6, 4v5.

1v4, 2v3
Ohh, I see. That's a horrible idea. Then just make it 8 teams per conference and just two pre session games. Joint practices are more favored by the teams anyway.

Well I like the idea of only the #1 seed gets rewarded. And wildcard weekend will have non stop football all Saturday and Sunday. The extra regular season game is dumb imo
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
When are the players going to vote?

2v7, 3v6, 4v5.

1v4, 2v3

Now 8 teams would really water it down. No ty. Just 1 team per conference getting the bye week is great as well. The top team from each conference should get rewarded with something no other team can get.

Nfl overall is in real good shape talent wise, 7 team per conference is perfect. Give it a couple years where one these 3rd WC teams wins a SB and people will realize that 7 is perfect. Its not the NBA where the 7 or 8 seed cant even beat the 1 or 2 seeds, let alone win a championship.
Share 49ersWebzone