There are 274 users in the forums

Kaden Smith - TE- Stanford, claimed by NY Giants

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Does this guy run in quick sand......dam he slow
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
HAD he ran faster than what was registered, he would have been drafted by the PATRIOTS earlier..
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Looks like he can develop into solid TE with Kittle
Dude is definitely slow BUT has terrific hands and makes some nice, contested catches. Looks like a more traditional TE that knows how to pick his spots in a D. Maybe Kittle gives him so pointers on how to be a little faster/quicker at their size
[ Edited by Wolf_Packer_53 on Apr 28, 2019 at 11:26 AM ]
He claims his 40 time was bad because he slipped and got a bad first 10 yards. That remains to be seen but he is pretty solid all around as are most tight ends coming out of Stanford. There pro style offense that Shaw loves to run demands that you have good tight ends that can block as well as catch.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
He claims his 40 time was bad because he slipped and got a bad first 10 yards. That remains to be seen but he is pretty solid all around as are most tight ends coming out of Stanford. There pro style offense that Shaw loves to run demands that you have good tight ends that can block as well as catch.

I'd have said that also if I was that slow.
Will compete for the backup spot doesn't need to be a burner for us.
What I thought was funny at the lynch's press conference he said he was good at making all the contested catches well when you're that slow and can't run away from anyone they're all going to be contested .
Originally posted by Oilcan:

What I thought was funny at the lynch's press conference he said he was good at making all the contested catches well when you're that slow and can't run away from anyone they're all going to be contested .

Very true. One thing to consider is 40 times are really kind of meaningless on the football field. I say this because they spend time practicing the start and work on their running form. Then some of them drop 10 or 15 lbs from their playing weight. Now factor in that they start from a sprinters start and wear shorts and track shoes. Some guys are much faster at the combine than on the field. I've always felt that bigger guys run closer to their football speed since they have more bulk and strength and can carry the weight of the equipment better.
This guy's 40 time appears to match his game speed.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jimrat:

Tell me what Garrett Celeks 40 time is right now?
Originally posted by Oilcan:

Stupid ground

He should be fine, so long as his mind and body are in agreement of where to go.
[ Edited by zonkers on Apr 28, 2019 at 1:09 PM ]

• 9moon
  • Veteran

you solve that problem by not sending him deep to beat a Zone coverage..
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Tell me what Garrett Celeks 40 time is right now?

4.72 at the combine. Better than this guy by a lot. 4.7 is kind of functional for a TE in the NFL. 4.9 is not.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
4.72 at the combine. Better than this guy by a lot. 4.7 is kind of functional for a TE in the NFL. 4.9 is not.

He said "right now"

I am sure is not a 4.72
that's ok, jason witten has been slow af most of his career and he's headed to the HOF

all this guy has to do is be better than celek
Kyle is gonna have to scheme this guy open because got damn he's slow, every highlight the defender is right up on him but like every defender these days they don't turn their head around. He high points the ball which is great but we'll see at the nfl level
Share 49ersWebzone