LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

All pass interference calls and non-calls will be reviewable starting this season.

Shop 49ers game tickets
It's not just in the last two minutes. The rule change makes it so they can be challenged at any point in the game.

And it won't slow the game down much at all considering the number of challenges allowed per team is still only 2-3. It would only slow things down if there were a lot of questionable PI calls in the last two minutes.
Micromanaging the game kills the flow and adds more dead time.
It's going to slow down the game alot. Plus, those calls are highly subjective. So even if they went to replay, the refs can stand by their decision and not make the call.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Micromanaging the game kills the flow and adds more dead time.

They are not killing game flow or adding more dead time.

They are not allowing more timeouts for reviews.

They are allowing more things to be up for review.

This rule doesn't change a thing as far as timing.
That's too many reviews. They will slow down the game once again. Games are going to be like 4 hours. Long and boring with lots of reviews and timeouts. But that's the agenda.

More timeouts and reviews = MORE COMMERCIALS = MORE $$$$$$$$$$$$$.
Get ready for longer games with more beer and fast food commercials. Goodell brings you the five hour football game.
I would rather have more commercials than have what happened to the Saints happen to us. But yeah let's cry about games lasting longer.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I would rather have more commercials than have what happened to the Saints happen to us. But yeah let's cry about games lasting longer.

This.

People saying it won't change much, but it would have changed the superbowl match-up...
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
good.

now make offensive holding penalties 5 yards instead of 10.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
good.

now make offensive holding penalties 5 yards instead of 10.

Originally posted by btthepunk:
This.

People saying it won't change much, but it would have changed the superbowl match-up...

Oh I just thought of something that totally sucks. We most likely would've won Super Bowl 47 had this rule been in place back then. That f**king sucks.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
That's too many reviews. They will slow down the game once again. Games are going to be like 4 hours. Long and boring with lots of reviews and timeouts. But that's the agenda.

More timeouts and reviews = MORE COMMERCIALS = MORE $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

I dont know why people keep saying this. How is it adding more reviews and timeouts?

It is simply adding more things to be challenged. Not adding more challenges. Not sure why this seems to be a common opinion when it makes no sense.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I dont know why people keep saying this. How is it adding more reviews and timeouts?

It is simply adding more things to be challenged. Not adding more challenges. Not sure why this seems to be a common opinion when it makes no sense.

Agreed. Would think after the no call on Crabs in the SB that our fans would be down with this.
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Agreed. Would think after the no call on Crabs in the SB that our fans would be down with this.

Nope having to sit through Budweiser and Ford commercials is to painful

/s
Can't wait for the refs to screw us over with these rules. Can't wait for Jimmy to get bailed out by defensive pass interference, and then for it to be challenged and reversed.

Detroit would have won that game last season. Should have been a pick six.
Share 49ersWebzone