LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 329 users in the forums

Dee Ford, DE

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Dee Ford is a stud. I just hope this knee thing isnt a longterm issue. Chief fans had absolutely no problem getting rid of him. Hope they end up with egg on their face, rather than us.

no doctor but chronic may mean the same as long term?

Well, I meant that I hope this chronic knee thing isnt something that shortens his career or causes him to miss a ton of time. He had this issue in Kansas City, but it didnt really cause him to miss a ton of time. Some, but not a ton. I just hope he can continue to play through it, and that it doesnt turn into something that affects his career.

Sorry if that wasnt spelled out as well as it could have been. I get why you asked that.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Dee Ford is a stud. I just hope this knee thing isnt a longterm issue. Chief fans had absolutely no problem getting rid of him. Hope they end up with egg on their face, rather than us.

Well, I meant that I hope this chronic knee thing isnt something that shortens his career or causes him to miss a ton of time. He had this issue in Kansas City, but it didnt really cause him to miss a ton of time. Some, but not a ton. I just hope he can continue to play through it, and that it doesnt turn into something that affects his career.

Sorry if that wasnt spelled out as well as it could have been. I get why you asked that.

no no. that was not my point. i was asking you a question!! they say its chronic and i was just asking you if chronic means the same as long term... i am sorry.. I could have done a better job asking the question

no no. that was not my point. i was asking you a question!! they say its chronic and i was just asking you if chronic means the same as long term... i am sorry.. I could have done a better job asking the question

Haha I am pretty sure chronic in medical terms is defined as long term or reoccurring. So yeah I think it means the same thing.
Haha I am pretty sure chronic in medical terms is defined as long term or reoccurring. So yeah I think it means the same thing.

there are lots of players that are suffering with chronic issues, its how they are managed.

How many seasons can he manage his condition, not that he has a condition is the 49ers issues.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dshearn:

there are lots of players that are suffering with chronic issues, its how they are managed.

How many seasons can he manage his condition, not that he has a condition is the 49ers issues.

If he can play for another two years in top form, I'd be happy. That's two draft cycles where we can look for a replacement for Dee Ford as his skills diminish. At about the time Dee Ford has to retire - Bosa should be hitting his peak, and hopefully we have drafted a young Fred Dean or Haley 3.0 who is coming online at about the time Dee Ford retires.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I don't care if they baby him, use him sparingly, don't let him practice or whatever...

Just make sure Ford (and Verrett) is good to go in the playoffs. We'll need those two when we take on the Patsies #SuperBowlBound
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
I don't care if they baby him, use him sparingly, don't let him practice or whatever...

Just make sure Ford (and Verrett) is good to go in the playoffs. We'll need those two when we take on the Patsies #SuperBowlBound

I like your optimisim!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
I like your optimisim!

LOL you got my back

I know its funny and way too homerish for now, but we'll see what's up by week 10
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I'm really hoping its just a pain tolerance he has to deal with and not something that will get worse.

I was told by a legit doctor that after taking so many pain killers (opioids)...when you get off them, your body could trigger messages (as in pain), having a person think that there's something still wrong with the original cause, but in fact, it could just be the body reacting (wanting more pain killers)
I'm really hoping its just a pain tolerance he has to deal with and not something that will get worse.

I was told by a legit doctor that after taking so many pain killers (opioids)...when you get off them, your body could trigger messages (as in pain), having a person think that there's something still wrong with the original cause, but in fact, it could just be the body reacting (wanting more pain killers)

I second this being a true doctor myself so...
We'll go with that.
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Sep 18, 2019 at 8:46 PM ]

• cciowa
  • Veteran
i hope he will be ok but it does not sound good. the chiefs knew about this and i suspect we did to, before the lynch kyle defenders circle the wagons.. cuz this is not a kyle lynch thing. sometimes i wonder if the niners are incapable of signing or obtaining players who areNOT affected by injuries. seems we have done that for 20 years
One word.....plasma.

Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

We'll go with that.

So.....if a player goes off pain killers, wouldn't the body eventually detox and come back into balance? Hopefully, that will be the case and the pain he feels will eventually subside.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by longterm9erfan:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

We'll go with that.

So.....if a player goes off pain killers, wouldn't the body eventually detox and come back into balance? Hopefully, that will be the case and the pain he feels will eventually subside.

or maybe he has a chronic knee condition that the chiefs knew about and did not want to deal with what we are currently dealing with. they did a bill walsh and got rid of him sooner rather than later when he had no trade value. i am not hating on him. i assume we are now at a point., given this second report of a setback., the first one caused him to miss most of pre season... means little to no practice this year. HOPE he can play games and be productive and then we find a vet who is not hurt or a nice rookie in the off season. i understand some all of a sudden love aa and thomas. but you guys are fooling yourself. without ford. we have bosa buck and then not much.. in my opinion for pass rushers
As long as the knee is manageable from Sunday to Sunday. He's situational into the game anyway, right...
Share 49ersWebzone