There are 121 users in the forums

Dee Ford, DE

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Stop practicing him and only play him on sundays. That's what Andy Reid did last year

That may have to be the plan going forward.
Damaged Goods N they knew it too
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

we may get some good games out of him but the chiefs get the last laugh in the long run maybe
Originally posted by cciowa:

we may get some good games out of him but the chiefs get the last laugh in the long run maybe

Good thing we have Blair & Jones to fill the void. Would of been cheaper to roll with these dudes instead of over paying a salvage player

Our D line is deep, we'll be fine.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Will be critical to re-sign AA or Blair.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Youngone:

it does make you wonder if the niners will pursue another edge rusher in the off season.. i understand its early and who knows what will really unfold with dee

Dee Ford is 28 years old! Why are we saying he's done as though he is a 35 year old D-Lineman?
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Dee Ford is 28 years old! Why are we saying he's done as though he is a 35 year old D-Lineman?

Cause he has the knees of a 35 year old
it does make you wonder if the niners will pursue another edge rusher in the off season.. i understand its early and who knows what will really unfold with dee

i think we'd be stupid not to. whether its through the draft or FA, we should acquire another edge.
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Sep 17, 2019 at 10:06 AM ]

Originally posted by Hysterikal:

His knees aren't suddenly going to go off a cliff, its a progressive condition but not one that you suddenly can't not play a week later. He was acquired as a pure edge rusher, that will continue to be his role with a light workload during the week and more PRP treatments during the offseason. I don't see him playing until 33 or 34 but I don't think its unreasonable to believe that they can get 2 to 3 pretty good years out of him if he maintains a steady treatment regimen.

Eitherway I would have liked to have seen them go after Winovich in the 3rd round instead of Hurd. That would have been one more quality pass rusher off the edge that they could have thrown into the rotation right away.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

His knees aren't suddenly going to go off a cliff, its a progressive condition but not one that you suddenly can't not play a week later. He was acquired as a pure edge rusher, that will continue to be his role with a light workload during the week and more PRP treatments during the offseason. I don't see him playing until 33 or 34 but I don't think its unreasonable to believe that they can get 2 to 3 pretty good years out of him if he maintains a steady treatment regimen.

Eitherway I would have liked to have seen them go after Winovich in the 3rd round instead of Hurd. That would have been one more quality pass rusher off the edge that they could have thrown into the rotation right away.

+1 Yeah, I was really hoping for Winovich in the 3rd as well. Endless hustle and knack being around the ball.

MY TWO SONS TOGETHER IN RED AND GOLD

[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 17, 2019 at 10:46 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

MY TWO SONS TOGETHER IN RED AND GOLD

Did I miss something? Why are people freaking out here?

He was pulled from a game cuz his knees were bothering him and we had a commanding lead. Last I checked there's no concern with him not playing Sunday against the Steelers.
Share 49ersWebzone