LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 404 users in the forums

Colin Cowherd reporting a rumor Russell Wilson wants out of Seattle.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Seahawks era is over if he leaves, time for Pete Caroll to retire anyways, he's getting old.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I want Wilson to get the f**k out of Seattle BUT to the Giants That's almost as bad for me lol.

I think what happens is that he plays under the tag for two yrs.

Send him to Buffalo
Would be wild if Carroll pulls a fast one and ends up with Murray.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Perfect fit in NY. Barkley runs 60% of the time and 40% is Wilson to OBJ.

To whom? There is no OBJ anymore. It's Evan Engram, Golden Tate and Sterling Shepherd.

That post was from before... you know.
Peter King said Seahawks won't even entertain trade offers unless it involves 3-4 first round picks
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Tomorrow is low-key a huge day for Seattle. Either Wilson will be the highest paid player in the NFL or there will be some serious friction.

I still don't see Wilson going but if there's one thing the last year has taught me, it's that smoke very often means something fiery is going on.

Peter King reported this morning that he's heard that if they don't complete a deal by midnight tonight Wilson's team is claiming they will NEVER re-enter negotiations with Seattle.

That's very likely BS, but either way, whatever happens or doesn't happen but midnight, it's good for the rest of the NFC West.

Wilson is traded: The most proven (and very likely best) QB in the division is now out of the division.

Wilson re-signs: The Hawks are now spending 35 million per on a QB, and as a matter of philosophy they attempt less passes per game than any team in the NFL. That's a remarkably dumb way to allocate cap resources, which is good for the Cards, Rams, and 9ers.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Peter King said Seahawks won't even entertain trade offers unless it involves 3-4 first round picks

Raiders should do it.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Tomorrow is low-key a huge day for Seattle. Either Wilson will be the highest paid player in the NFL or there will be some serious friction.

I still don't see Wilson going but if there's one thing the last year has taught me, it's that smoke very often means something fiery is going on.

Peter King reported this morning that he's heard that if they don't complete a deal by midnight tonight Wilson's team is claiming they will NEVER re-enter negotiations with Seattle.

That's very likely BS, but either way, whatever happens or doesn't happen but midnight, it's good for the rest of the NFC West.

Wilson is traded: The most proven (and very likely best) QB in the division is now out of the division.

Wilson re-signs: The Hawks are now spending 35 million per on a QB, and as a matter of philosophy they attempt less passes per game than any team in the NFL. That's a remarkably dumb way to allocate cap resources, which is good for the Cards, Rams, and 9ers.

Part of this story is that he feels under appreciated since so much of the focus is on the legion of boom. He also sees more opportunity for both his wife and for his endorsements in NY. Unlikely that it isn't worked out since Seattle would be screwed without him. That organization isn't hurting for money so it's more a ploy to get a bigger contract. I would love to see him leave because he has an uncanny ability to find open guys downfield while running around in the backfield.
The Giants need to make a splash at QB...despite what their GM says about Eli having 4 more years in him. Wilson would give them one of the top playmaking QB's in the league along with Barkley. It's a move they need to make.
Originally posted by niners94:

Raiders should do it.

#4, #24 and Derek Carr would probably get it done.

Originally posted by niners94:

Raiders should do it.

Would be an interesting match
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
The Giants need to make a splash at QB...despite what their GM says about Eli having 4 more years in him. Wilson would give them one of the top playmaking QB's in the league along with Barkley. It's a move they need to make.

I hope they do keep him for 4 more years.
I wonder if Dallas could pull it off?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I wonder if Dallas could pull it off?

Definitely a jerry Jones move.

3 first rounders might sound rough but if you look at it from the giants perspective. That's Eli Apple, Evan Engram, Saquon. Which I would easily do. But of course the Saquon pick would've never happened if Wilson was their QB, unless he got hurt.

Wilson in a Shurmur offense is a perfect match.
Share 49ersWebzone