LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 230 users in the forums

"4-3 Under" Future DC Search

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I know, I said I'd like him but can't see it. Never say never though, even with their injuries they should be better, if he turns in a 4-12 season?

The only position coach I'd consider is Kris Richard, coached the Legion of Boom and pretty well regarded, though I still think we'd have the same sort of teething problems, you also have to wonder why Carroll didn't make him DC.

Saleh is smart and I think will self scout himself to being a good DC, it's just how long that takes.

Richard was the defensive coordinator for 3 seasons. Carroll elected not to resign him in the off-season. Which was a bit strange because the defense performed well under him. I advocated strong in the off-season for the team to bring him in as a defensive passing game coordinator type of role to be an extra resource to help Saleh.

Instead Dallas scooped him up in the exact same role. I doubt Dallas will let him go now. They really seem to like him. Their pass defense is playing well under him and they are starting to transition some of the defensive play calling over to him.

Richard could be the future HC of the Cowboys if they decide to part ways with Garrett.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

Richard was the defensive coordinator for 3 seasons. Carroll elected not to resign him in the off-season. Which was a bit strange because the defense performed well under him. I advocated strong in the off-season for the team to bring him in as a defensive passing game coordinator type of role to be an extra resource to help Saleh.

Instead Dallas scooped him up in the exact same role. I doubt Dallas will let him go now. They really seem to like him. Their pass defense is playing well under him and they are starting to transition some of the defensive play calling over to him.

My bad, for some reason I forgot that Norton went to the Raiders to be their DC and just imagined him at the Seahawks all the time.

Does anyone know why he took a position coach role again? Would have thought he'd get another DC shot
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
You know, Jack Del Rio knows how to run the 4-3.. for years, he was doing an excellent job running that .. he's NOT a head coach, but he is a very very good DC..
Originally posted by 9moon:
You know, Jack Del Rio knows how to run the 4-3.. for years, he was doing an excellent job running that .. he's NOT a head coach, but he is a very very good DC..

There are an awful lot of good/great coordinators who failed as HC

Wade Phillips
Norv Turner
Del Rio

Just because they didn't succeed as the Head Honcho doesn't mean they can't return to their old position and do well
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I'm confused, isn't that what I exactly meant??
Share 49ersWebzone