There are 231 users in the forums

Antonio Brown

Shop 49ers game tickets
No Thanks. Steelers have a tight locker room and winning culture. If he can't handle it there, he would implode here. Plus, that's way too much money in one skill position. Give me another TE to complement Kittle and a lesser known solid talent at WR and we are good.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jan 1, 2019 at 9:16 AM ]
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Looking at the numbers, I BELIEVE trading Brown BEFORE June would cost Pitt $21 million in dead money. After June it would only cost them $7 million in dead money.

Either way he has a $22 million cap number in 2019. I'm not a scientist so I could be reading all those numbers wrong.

With all that said...TRADE FOR HIM NOW
  • dj43
Originally posted by HERN:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
If we're trading for a diva making crazy money I rather trade for OBJ, at least with him you don't have these stories of fracturing locker rooms and fighting with team mates

OBJ and Meow Boy on the same team and throw in Bourne??? We'll have the most sassy WR's in the game.

"Meow Boy?"

Seriously?

Dude is a very promising young player on our team. Your pejorative name-calling is not conducive to a respectful conversation. Stop with that.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
No Thanks. Steelers have a tight locker room and winning culture. If he can't handle it there, he would implode here. Plus, that's way too much money in one skill position. Give me another TE to complement Kittle and a lesser known solid talent at WR and we are good.

Pittsburgh will have to eat $21M if they trade or release him. He isn't going anywhere.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
"Meow Boy?"

Seriously?

Dude is a very promising young player on our team. Your pejorative name-calling is not conducive to a respectful conversation. Stop with that.

What do you mean???

Dude loves cats. He gets called "El Gato" in here constantly. I'm not sure what the difference is between the nicknames.
Sherman joining in on the action too lol

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
If we're trading for a diva making crazy money I rather trade for OBJ, at least with him you don't have these stories of fracturing locker rooms and fighting with team mates

OBJ and Meow Boy on the same team and throw in Bourne??? We'll have the most sassy WR's in the game.

"Meow Boy?"

Seriously?

Agree x2 with your statement 100%
  • dj43
"Meow Boy?"

Seriously?

What do you mean???

Dude loves cats. He gets called "El Gato" in here constantly. I'm not sure what the difference is between the nicknames.

"Boy" has a negative connotation in general. "El Gato" does not.

There has been some other names he has been called as well that are less than respectful of a young man who did not ask to be injured and miss games.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Will be a seahawk
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

I have seen you post this before and I have no idea why you continue to push this idea that we need a 2nd tight end. We dont. A 2nd tight end is so far down the list of positions we need to prioritize. Maybe so far down the list that its not even on the list.

And tight locker room? There are constantly reports that say the opposite. Literally every year.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Jan 1, 2019 at 9:58 AM ]

• Antix
  • Veteran
Apparently theres a lot of dead money for Pittsburgh if they trade him so.. it'd take a haul to get him.and then we'd have to pay him.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
"Meow Boy?"

Seriously?

What do you mean???

There has been some other names he has been called as well that are less than respectful of a young man who did not ask to be injured and miss games.

Meow Man it is.

And why do you keep bringing up that he's promising and that he didn't ask to get injured.

I haven't posted anything all year that says otherwise.

If this is about the nickname, fine I'll respect your POV of what "boy" means to you. But don't make me the poster boy of the criticism he's received.
Dear Jed York:

Please, please, PLEASE ignore the shiny bauble that is Antonio Brown. He is a locker room cancer in the style of Terrible Owens. He will proceed to tear everyone down when things don't go his way. He's doing it in Pittsburgh now. He will do the same in 49er Land.

Please continue to build this team through the draft. Please do not strap our salary cap with some high-priced knucklehead DIVA who will not lead us anywhere except into a bottomless pit.

Thank you for listening to my concerns.

Sincerely,

billbird2111
"Meow Boy?"

Seriously?

What do you mean???

Long as it doesn't break the rules, I think a mod should refrain from making a request that looks like a rule backed demand....
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

He deleted that quick

[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 1, 2019 at 10:14 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone