There are 200 users in the forums

WR Richie James

Shop 49ers game tickets
I think they're expecting shootouts with the Rams.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Kyle Shannahan doesnt care about tall recievers. The sooner you realize this the sooner we can stop having heartburn over height.

Kyle Shannahan doesnt care about tall recievers. The sooner you realize this the sooner we can stop having heartburn over height.

Say it louder.

The one thing Jimmy G. did not improve over Hoyer and Beathard is TDs in the redzone. Small guys get pushed around there. It isn't only height but weight and catch radius.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:

The one thing Jimmy G. did not improve over Hoyer and Beathard is TDs in the redzone. Small guys get pushed around there. It isn't only height but weight and catch radius.

His Online was garbage...hard to complete a pass in the redzone when your center is constantly on the ground and your RT is a rotation of Beadles and UDFAs
Love Richie James. He may be small but he COMPETES. Easily one of my favorites

It just reminds me more and more of the passing side of Shula's offense he installed specifically for Dan Marino. Clayton, Duper & Co. were all about 5'9" 185 and break away threats. Somebody correct me: Marino's strengths were the quickest release in NFL history - least sacked QB ever - combined with tremendous accuracy on short/intermediate routes which enabled him to hit receivers in stride. Remind you of anybody?

I think Kyle wants a more balanced offense than Miami's was, but as far as receivers - small, quick guys with break away speed seems to be the order of the day: Bolden, Carter, Goodwin, Robinson, Taylor, Pettis, now James ?! All guys that might go 190 sopping wet after eating. (The Niners website lists Pettis at 195 but that's not what I saw elsewhere.)
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RTFirefly:

It just reminds me more and more of the passing side of Shula's offense he installed specifically for Dan Marino. Clayton, Duper & Co. were all about 5'9" 185 and break away threats. Somebody correct me: Marino's strengths were the quickest release in NFL history - least sacked QB ever - combined with tremendous accuracy on short/intermediate routes which enabled him to hit receivers in stride. Remind you of anybody?

I think Kyle wants a more balanced offense than Miami's was, but as far as receivers - small, quick guys with break away speed seems to be the order of the day: Bolden, Carter, Goodwin, Robinson, Taylor, Pettis, now James ?! All guys that might go 190 sopping wet after eating. (The Niners website lists Pettis at 195 but that's not what I saw elsewhere.)

Sounds good

I also remember a couple of smaller / shifty and quick WRs who played With Kurt Warner on "Greatest Show On Turf" who gave us fits...

#Holt #Bruce
He's a very kinky WR, the kind you don't take home to Baalke

E40 approves
[ Edited by gold49digger on Apr 28, 2018 at 6:19 PM ]

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Like the pick - will fit right into the rotation.
Originally posted by zonkers:
I think they're expecting shootouts with the Rams.

i think the same thing. Rams 53 -49ers 71.
Adios Trent Taylor
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Adios Trent Taylor

Trent Taylor isn't going anywhere
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
He's a very kinky WR, the kind you don't take home to Baalke
Share 49ersWebzone