There are 197 users in the forums

WR Richie James

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by goodthings19:
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Adios Trent Taylor

Trent Taylor isn't going anywhere

Competition. We can have more than one guy at a position. Plus trent is tiny, he could get hurt. having guys that can play after him is huge.
  • titan
  • Veteran
I like it!!! Definitely a run after catch WR. We need more WR like this. Make it a track meet for defenders.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
His battle with Bourne will be epic
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FaTaL:

James Bourne Identity
Originally posted by FaTaL:

I think we keep 6 WR's, so ultimately you'll probably have Bolden and James competing for that #6 WR/KR. I think Bourne is most likely a lock to make it.
Garcon and Goodwin are set but after that should be fun to watch. All I know is Jimmy G now has better protection and a better backfield. Jimmy G also has better weapons and more speed on the field. Look out my brothers and sisters!!!
I dont see him making the 53, but would be pleasantly surprised if wrong. PS is likely his ceiling for us IMO.

Going to be hard to take the reins from a guy like Talylor IMO

Garcon/Goodwin/Taylor/Pettis are all locks for the 53 may the best men win the last two spots, as i think we carry 6.
Dude plays 100 mph 100% of the time. Nice chess piece...hope we can find a place for him.
  • JD81
  • Veteran
The next Steve Smith Sr.
Adios Trent Taylor

if he does its to the pats

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I dont see him making the 53, but would be pleasantly surprised if wrong. PS is likely his ceiling for us IMO.

Going to be hard to take the reins from a guy like Talylor IMO

Garcon/Goodwin/Taylor/Pettis are all locks for the 53 may the best men win the last two spots, as i think we carry 6.

And Bourne,He`s gonna make it too
Originally posted by RTFirefly:
Originally posted by miked1978:
Kyle Shannahan doesnt care about tall recievers. The sooner you realize this the sooner we can stop having heartburn over height.

It just reminds me more and more of the passing side of Shula's offense he installed specifically for Dan Marino. Clayton, Duper & Co. were all about 5'9" 185 and break away threats. Somebody correct me: Marino's strengths were the quickest release in NFL history - least sacked QB ever - combined with tremendous accuracy on short/intermediate routes which enabled him to hit receivers in stride. Remind you of anybody?

I think Kyle wants a more balanced offense than Miami's was, but as far as receivers - small, quick guys with break away speed seems to be the order of the day: Bolden, Carter, Goodwin, Robinson, Taylor, Pettis, now James ?! All guys that might go 190 sopping wet after eating. (The Niners website lists Pettis at 195 but that's not what I saw elsewhere.)

This. Plus, Jimmy came from NE where it seems like a requirement to be under 6' as a receiver. Build around your star QB, and that is exactly what they did this offseason. Almost every FA and draft pick can be tied right to the fact they signed the QB.

I wish we could've gotten some pass rushers, but you won't ever hear me complain if Shanahan picks someone for his offense. His track record is a lot better than mine as a fan.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JD81:
The next Steve Smith Sr.

I like that
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Adios Trent Taylor

Competition. We can have more than one guy at a position. Plus trent is tiny, he could get hurt. having guys that can play after him is huge.

Agreed. One of these guys are always hurt and finger up. We need the bodies on our team instead of searching the scrap heap mid season when one goes down.
He's like Taylor but he's got more YAC to him, and he can run the ball out of the backfield. Kyle loves him some pieces he can move around. Imagine McKinnon and James on the field together. Both can run the ball Out of the backfield or go to the slot and be a receiving threat...Options...so many options...
Share 49ersWebzone