Originally posted by thl408:
Open competition for backup slot CB.

Yup. My guess is Jamar Taylor (veteran)
  • thl408
Originally posted by NCommand:

If Spoon wins right CB (lol?) then Mosely could be a strong candidate for slot CB. If Mosely wins RCB, then yeah it's open competition at slot CB.

This is my thought. This pretty much opens the door for Taylor to make the team imo.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

This is my thought. This pretty much opens the door for Taylor to make the team imo.

Jamar Taylor has way more experience and is better than Reed imo. I'd just IR Reed and keep Taylor as insurance for both outside and inside as he has experience at both spots
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Jamar Taylor has way more experience and is better than Reed imo. I'd just IR Reed and keep Taylor as insurance for both outside and inside as he has experience at both spots

They theoretically could just use Ward as the 2nd slot corner too and bring Moore in at FS for that package. I feel better about Moore stepping in at FS than some dude nobody has heard of stepping in as the 2nd slot CB.
f**k i miss took him for dj jones for a sec 😬
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Between DJ Jones, DJ Reed, and Jordan Reed. Should get hopefully 16 games out of them total.

Read post 329, Reed is done.

Missed that, thanks.
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Between DJ Jones, DJ Reed, and Jordan Reed. Should get hopefully 16 games out of them total.

Mix in McKinnon and Verrett and we have a rotating door all the way to week 21

If Spoon wins right CB (lol?) then Mosely could be a strong candidate for slot CB. If Mosely wins RCB, then yeah it's open competition at slot CB.

Yeah, lots of options there. I even didn't count out Verrett coming in on nickel outside while Moseley slide inside too.

Actually, that's just a good way to get Witherspoon and Verrett some snaps and confidence back.

Missed that, thanks.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Did we just sacrifice a Reed for a Reed?
Originally posted by walker807:
They theoretically could just use Ward as the 2nd slot corner too and bring Moore in at FS for that package. I feel better about Moore stepping in at FS than some dude nobody has heard of stepping in as the 2nd slot CB.

We did this at times last year and Ward kicked ass. Remember him against the Rams? He was ridiculous....I was at the game just clowning on these Rams fans that were talking trash after their opening td drive, so this is the way to go because Taylor did get burned quite a bit over the last few years and he will be a liability compared to Ward
Share 49ersWebzone