There are 171 users in the forums

DJ Reed CB, Kansas St, 4th Round 2018 Draft

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Is Reed hurt now?

No clue, but I'll go out on a limb and say yes since this is the niners we are talking about

LMFAO. Bingo!

Lol. Sad we default to this

Incredibly. If there's one thread I'd like to end for good, it's my injury thread... followed by offensive line. LOL
Read on twitter Reed confirmed his injury. So is Tarvarius Moore next man up? They have to leave Ward at safety right?
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Read on twitter Reed confirmed his injury. So is Tarvarius Moore next man up? They have to leave Ward at safety right?

I would guess that Moseley would be next man up, but yeah it could be Ward too cause he's pretty damn good in the slot
Originally posted by 49ers808:

I would guess that Moseley would be next man up, but yeah it could be Ward too cause he's pretty damn good in the slot

Mosely should get the nod to start on the outside.

But you are correct if Williams were to go down they would bump Mosley inside and put Spoon back on the outside. I don't believe Ward will ever play CB for us (other than a play here or there) again, he does not like the position.

Before we resigned him he said wherever he choses to go it will be to play safety not corner, even though the going rate for CBs are considerably higher.

Damn that sucks
On a positive note, we can now get a really closer look at the other back-ups i.e. Harris, and the undrafted free agents from last year and this year. Maybe one or a couple of them is even better than Reed. Opportunity window just opened up.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

Damn that sucks

I really don't want Moore covering the slot, were pretty much screwed if Williams gets hurt
Props for finding this injury early NY.
So when should he be back...or is that not happening?
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Damn that sucks

I really don't want Moore covering the slot, were pretty much screwed if Williams gets hurt

Probably would be the other way around. Ward would cover the slot and Moore would take his place at FS.

Damn that sucks

Moore wouldn't cover the slot. In a scenario where Williams is hurt and Moore comes in, my bet would be Ward moving to the slot with Moore going to FS on passing downs or in Nickel. Before that happens, I'd bet they move Moseley from outside to the slot, with Witherspoon going outside in the Nickel. We're not screwed at all boys, Reed really isn't that good in the slot and I'd choose both Moseley and Ward to back up Williams before him actually
Originally posted by SFrush:

Damn that sucks

Probably would be the other way around. Ward would cover the slot and Moore would take his place at FS.

That's true
Originally posted by NCommand:
Incredibly. If there's one thread I'd like to end for good, it's my injury thread... followed by offensive line. LOL

Do you knOw Are there any other teams across the NFL getting injuries right now or just us?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I like Derrick Kindred to fill his spot. He's started 15 games with two INT's to his name.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I like Derrick Kindred to fill his spot. He's started 15 games with two INT's to his name.

Hoping Jason Verrett can stay healthy and regain his form.
Share 49ersWebzone