Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Godwin is a stud, but this is pathetic.

to be fair, bucs havn't had the luxury of running the clock out with a lead and great defense.

You beat me to it. Context matters immensely with a statistical analysis. Unless all you care about is fantasy football rankings, which appears to be the case with some Niner "fans" in here.

LOL. Are you physically able to come up with a post that doesnt include ripping fantasy football?

Yes, obviously there is a reason for the numbers. We will be dead last in pass attempts after tonight's game. That is a huge part of the reason our WR stats are so pathetically low. We have been blowing teams out.

But that has nothing, yes NOTHING, to do with evaluating our WRs. I wouldnt even need to look at the stats to know that we have one of the worst WR corps in football currently. But fantasy football right?

Interesting that my posts make you feel a certain type of way, isn't it?

Nah just curious if you have other material.

Simpleton arguments only require simple counter arguments.

So do you believe our WR corps is fine? That they do not collectively make up one of the worst units in the NFL?

Yes they're "fine." Extremely talented actually. Better than any of the Patriots Super Bowl winning seasons, for sure. I mean, if winning Super Bowls is what you care about.

That talent definitely isnt showing up on the field.

It is if you know what to watch for and aren't so focused on the stat line.

What are you seeing exactly?
Originally posted by Dsoto87:

to be fair, bucs havn't had the luxury of running the clock out with a lead and great defense.

You beat me to it. Context matters immensely with a statistical analysis. Unless all you care about is fantasy football rankings, which appears to be the case with some Niner "fans" in here.

LOL. Are you physically able to come up with a post that doesnt include ripping fantasy football?

Yes, obviously there is a reason for the numbers. We will be dead last in pass attempts after tonight's game. That is a huge part of the reason our WR stats are so pathetically low. We have been blowing teams out.

But that has nothing, yes NOTHING, to do with evaluating our WRs. I wouldnt even need to look at the stats to know that we have one of the worst WR corps in football currently. But fantasy football right?

So do you believe our WR corps is fine? That they do not collectively make up one of the worst units in the NFL?

Yes they're "fine." Extremely talented actually. Better than any of the Patriots Super Bowl winning seasons, for sure. I mean, if winning Super Bowls is what you care about.

Oh ok. My bad Cossel. Didnt realize I was talking to an expert. Im also wondering how exactly you know what I watch. As long as you dont check my late night browsing history.

Stat line doesnt mean s**t. Im not an idiot. Im not basing this off the last game where itd be stupid to go all out passing. Im basing it on the past couple years where Kittle, a TE, has consistently been our only threat. But please, break it down for me since im just a stat watcher. Show me how these guys are playing up to their talent.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

Speed, good routes, ability to separate, good hands in clutch situations, and recognition of when to break off of certain routes to find an open spot.

Shanahan is putting the wide receivers and Jimmy G in complex situations that require all of them to read the defense quickly and make decisions. What were watching are the growing pains of that growth process. He's setting the team up for long-term success and multiple championships. No need to panic and give up valuable draft capital, when having 1 receiving threat with a large percentage of production isn't even a winning formula.
Speed, good routes, ability to separate, good hands in clutch situations, and recognition of when to break off of certain routes to find an open spot.

Shanahan is putting the wide receivers and Jimmy G in complex situations that require all of them to read the defense quickly and make decisions. What were watching are the growing pains of that growth process. He's setting the team up for long-term success and multiple championships. No need to panic and give up valuable draft capital, when having 1 receiving threat with a large percentage of production isn't even a winning formula.

This is exactly what we have right now.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoldBrick:

This is exactly what we have right now.

Agreed. I think Shanahan is making a conscious effort to not let Jimmy G rely on Kittle too much. Hence his numbers being down.
Agreed. I think Shanahan is making a conscious effort to not let Jimmy G rely on Kittle too much. Hence his numbers being down.

Yeah. It would be awful if jimmy had to rely on 2 playmakers.

Would also be awful to keep giving chances to already decided mediocrity like Arik Armstead or Ahkello Witherspoon.

Agree.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Would also be awful to keep giving chances to already decided mediocrity like Arik Armstead or Ahkello Witherspoon.

1) Please show me where I've said anything negative about spoon or AA.

2) Do you really think a true #1 would have a trivial impact on our odds to bring home a 6th Lombardi?

I'm all for playing the long game, but dynasties are rare for a reason. Sometimes you gotta strike while the iron is hot.

Do I think someone will come available in the next week or so? Nah. Do I think the Niners will continue to make serious inquiries? You bet.

2) Do you really think a true #1 would have a trivial impact on our odds to bring home a 6th Lombardi?

I'm all for playing the long game, but dynasties are rare for a reason. Sometimes you gotta strike while the iron is hot.

Do I think someone will come available in the next week or so? Nah. Do I think the Niners will continue to make serious inquiries? You bet.

Because fans theorize that Atlanta is going to move Jones or LA Allen doesn't make it so. Those teams are bad but they aren't gonna give up on their guys. I don't see Emmanuel Sanders or Mohammad Sanu making any sort of real difference.

This team doesn't need a true #1. But it also doesn't need to trade for aging guys just to make a move. If they come cheap great but if not pass.

#1 Wr and CB are both supremely overrated by fans. Games are won and lost by qbs and the trenches. I want healthy lines more than anything else.

So far really disappointed in him. But hey we still have a lot of football left to be played.
cmon guys, he's only a second year WR. He did have that clutch catch against the steelers for a TD so I fully support him still. None of WRs are consistent anyways and it doesn't look like we are getting anyone new anytime soon

Yeah, I am unsure at this point. Jimmy G has less than a season of starts, is coming back from knee surgery and a long time off, is learning the O with the young receivers. They have been wise in riding the defense.
I hope they stand pat, I think the offense could start really humming in the last 4-5 games.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

This is exactly what I don't get. We don't even have to go far back to see what it's like to think you have the start of "dynasty" only for it to come crumbling down. All we have to do is look at the harbaugh years. Everyone thought it would be the start of something special and look how fast that turned to s**t.

My point is, we have a window right now. What happens if Bosa gets injured and Ford's knee flares up and the defense can no longer carry us? A few injuries, a retirement here, a suspension there, and we're back to the bottom. So strike while we're hot.

I'm not saying lets throw every pick at a receiver, but I do think we need to find a happy medium between what the Rams are doing and what draft pick hoarder Baalke was doing.

It was always nice having 13 picks in the draft but it didn't matter if we kept missing on them. So why not get a known commodity?
Yeah, I am unsure at this point. Jimmy G has less than a season of starts, is coming back from knee surgery and a long time off, is learning the O with the young receivers. They have been wise in riding the defense.
I hope they stand pat, I think the offense could start really humming in the last 4-5 games.

Me too,there are WAY too many CATS on here that just HATE Dante,and they REALLY have no foundational eveidence to want Dante Cut .I`m so glad that Mike Shanny sees different.Dante has`nt truly played a full 16 games and yet you Cats can`t wait to get rid of him, don`t know maybe you Cats got butt hurt because the 9ers didn`t draft your draft-crush.and Mod English don`t ban me for this I`m just like others on here stating my opinion.I see a lot of unwarranted bashing of DP,You can tell when a pick is unpopular, ask MMiacco even he joins in about the int Jimmy G threw at the redskins.JimmyG didn`t see the safety because he was Too busy stirring down the WR as usual.
Share 49ersWebzone