Including a tough game winning TD.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Kyzen:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Guess we're getting ES.

Why you say that?

what??

BA is a very reliable source who's connected well with the Broncos and he's been saying for a while, we're the top candidate connected to him due to our own connections there. And clearly, we have a need.

Obviously depends on the asking price.
Dante is really talented, but he will never live up to his potential. Call if whatever you want - toughness, heart, etc. - he doesn't have that factor. Maybe it's because he was raised privileged. Maybe he would be like that no matter what, who knows. But he doesn't have that hunger... not like he has to pull his family out of poverty like other guys. He was born with special athleticism so he played football and it took him to the NFL

With that said, he'll show flashes like against the Rams but he won't be consistent. Every time we think he's reached the next level, he'll disappear. He doesn't have that drive/passion. I think ShannyLynch recognize this, hence the drafting of a couple of dogs in Hurd and Deebo.

I'm over Pettis
Too bad they don't keep individual run blocking stats for WR's because this unit would be solid despite their slight builds.

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
83 yards in 6 games

very telling
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
83 yards in 6 games
Lol. "He's produced when given a chance"...

His hearts not in it. I said it in another thread but I'll say it again. He's inconsistent as s**t because hes not motivated. We might see a game like the rams where he's invested and goes up and fights for the ball. Then we get games like the rest where he ain't fighting for s**t unless it hits him in the numbers.

Pettis doesn't need football like others need. Guys like Bosa are motivated because it's in their blood. It's what they've done all their life. Other may be motivated by money, which is fine by me. Pettis doesn't need any of that. His family is well off and he has other interests. He's freakishly talented and he's been able to coast off that through college. You can't do that in the NFL though. Don't be surprised if this guy retires early to pursue another career.

I wonder what guys he's referring too.
I member.

I member.

That was dirty and on my draft crush CGJ. Just not right
I. Lost. It.

Originally posted by tjd808185:
If they're good It's not forcing it. Shanny did just fine with Julio they only had the #1 o of all time. You can make the argument they're not targeted much because they're not getting consistently open.

Originally posted by Scottie15:
No evidence to support this argument whatsoever.

This is a straw man I've ever seen one.

The falcons went 8-8 when Julio had 136 catches from 203 targets in Shanahan's 1st year with the falcons. Matt Ryan TD/INT ratio was 21/16

They went 11-5 all the way to the Super Bowl when he had 83 catches on 129 targets in Shanahan's 2nd year with the falcons. Matt Ryan TD/INT ratio was 38/7

Was Julio that much less consistently open the 2nd year?

Also, Atlanta didn't run the ball 40 times a game and didn't have an all pro TE and FB eating up targets as well.
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
If they're good It's not forcing it. Shanny did just fine with Julio they only had the #1 o of all time. You can make the argument they're not targeted much because they're not getting consistently open.

Originally posted by Scottie15:
No evidence to support this argument whatsoever.

This is a straw man I've ever seen one.

The falcons went 8-8 when Julio had 136 catches from 203 targets in Shanahan's 1st year with the falcons. Matt Ryan TD/INT ratio was 21/16

They went 11-5 all the way to the Super Bowl when he had 83 catches on 129 targets in Shanahan's 2nd year with the falcons. Matt Ryan TD/INT ratio was 38/7

Was Julio that much less consistently open the 2nd year?

Also, Atlanta didn't run the ball 40 times a game and didn't have an all pro TE and FB eating up targets as well.

I think Sanu helped eat into that as well for a better balance?

Kyle has to say that no matter what basically. Start Deebo and Bourne against Carolina
Originally posted by sacniner:

Kyle has to say that no matter what basically. Start Deebo and Bourne against Carolina

my wish is the WRs suiting up are Keenan Allen, Deebo, Goodwin, Bourne, James..
Share 49ersWebzone