There are 199 users in the forums

Jordan Matthews

Tickets Find deals on 49ers games ⇨
  • jcs
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 29,981
Originally posted by mayo49:
Still surprised the Niners have shown little interest in this guy.

His asking price right now may be too high...these things change as we get further into F/A and closer to the draft.
Jonathan Baldwin 2.0???
Originally posted by martysofresh:
Jonathan Baldwin 2.0???

Man..... I was hoping that guy panned out... Smh...kinda left me not even wanting a big body WR.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 45,307
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Still surprised the Niners have shown little interest in this guy.

His asking price right now may be too high...these things change as we get further into F/A and closer to the draft.

Would love it if we signed him a little later in the process.
  • Kolohe
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 47,168
Originally posted by mayo49:
Still surprised the Niners have shown little interest in this guy.

Did they even show any kind of interest?
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Still surprised the Niners have shown little interest in this guy.

Did they even show any kind of interest?

This - what's ironic is there was no reported interest in any of the players we signed until the agreement was announced.

Makes me think there is 0 truth to any reported interest by the 49ers and we're running a tight ship. It's almost so consistent that we must tell agents no leaks or we walk which would explain all these "leaks" on players we didn't sign and none that we did.
I feel like he must be more injured than people realize.

1st round WR with good measurables who looked like a legit starter for his first three years. Guys like that get second and third chances usually.

If DHB can stay in the league I don't see why Matthews can't.
He's definitely worth a look, IMO.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 45,307
Originally posted by Scottie15:
He's definitely worth a look, IMO.

Without a doubt.
Good enough for the picky ass Patriots... but not good enough for us.

Size Speed... could play inside if need be. Oh Well... since we didn't get him, yall 9er Homers can post about how he was horrible anyway.

Pats know he's more than just some slot receiver. They have one of the best slots in the league and still gave him a shot.
  • Kolohe
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 47,168
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Good enough for the picky ass Patriots... but not good enough for us.

Size Speed... could play inside if need be. Oh Well... since we didn't get him, yall 9er Homers can post about how he was horrible anyway.

Maybe Shanahan just didn't see a fit, after all they do run different offenses.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Good enough for the picky ass Patriots... but not good enough for us.

Size Speed... could play inside if need be. Oh Well... since we didn't get him, yall 9er Homers can post about how he was horrible anyway.

Maybe Shanahan just didn't see a fit, after all they do run different offenses.

Matthews is perfect for the WCO. Can take a slant, break a tackle, then speed to take it to the house.

I'm happy with our WRs... but I feel we could have got him for cheap... and maybe see him reach his potential... when Garcon has to retire/move on.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Good enough for the picky ass Patriots... but not good enough for us.

Size Speed... could play inside if need be. Oh Well... since we didn't get him, yall 9er Homers can post about how he was horrible anyway.

Wasn't just the 9ers, nobody wanted him
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Matthews is perfect for the WCO. Can take a slant, break a tackle, then speed to take it to the house.

I'm happy with our WRs... but I feel we could have got him for cheap... and maybe see him reach his potential... when Garcon has to retire/move on.



He's a slot receiver with iffy hands and injury concerns. Not a huge market for that, which is why he only got a 1 year deal.
Share 49erswebzone