LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 228 users in the forums

Jordan Matthews

Shop 49ers game tickets
This dude was legit just a couple years ago. He got shipped off to Buffalo and had an injury plagued 2017. He's only 25 and at 6'3", 212 lbs. could add some size to the receiving core.

Considering that the "splashy" names at WR will be going elsewhere in FA this guy might fit the bill. What are your thoughts?
WRs need to catch the ball
I agree was thinking the same thing him.
Big slot receiver that plays soft and is prone to drops. Meh. All comes down to how much of a discount he's willing to give.

Dude runs his mouth a lot too for a receiver who isn't really all that good.

"I think people will go back to my tape with the Eagles and know that I was trending as a No. 1 receiver before all the injuries."

Lol.
Meh
I know that people wanted him bad in the draft cause he is related to rice.
Negative on acquiring Mathews
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Mar 13, 2018 at 7:30 PM ]
SAWFT
I can see him coming on a short prove it deal. If he isn't signed in the first wave of FA he could be had for much less. I'm not saying he's a bonafide #1 but there isn't much else out there. It seems like with his size he could play outside the numbers and shouldn't be just considered a slot guy

His numbers in the 14-16 season were solid. Over 800 rec. yards all 3 seasons and 8 touchdowns in the first two.

sign him so rice can teach him how to catch some balls.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
SAWFT

This.
Originally posted by Howlett49:
I can see him coming on a short prove it deal. If he isn't signed in the first wave of FA he could be had for much less. I'm not saying he's a bonafide #1 but there isn't much else out there. It seems like with his size he could play outside the numbers and shouldn't be just considered a slot guy

His numbers in the 14-16 season were solid. Over 800 rec. yards all 3 seasons and 8 touchdowns in the first two.

Size means nothing if you're softer than Quilted Northern. Dude plays like he's got a severe allergy to contact, alligator arms passes if he thinks he is going to get hit, doesn't lay out for passes.

He's a slot receiver, nothing more. A #3 or #4 WR on a quality group.

If he wants to come back up Trent Taylor and take a salary commensurate with that role, by all means but there's good reason why the Iggles couldn't wait to dump him and the Bills have zero interest in bringing him back despite a mediocre WR group overall.
Is this the guy who's related to Jerry Rice?
Originally posted by Howlett49:

If we're giving out prove it deals, I'd rather it be to Pryor than him.
Share 49ersWebzone