LISTEN: What's Stopping The 49ers From A Super Bowl Run? →

There are 94 users in the forums

Friction going down between Belichick and Brady's guru

Shop 49ers game tickets
lol
Originally posted by Bitplayer:
The timing on this is really bad for what appears to be a one sided- leaked- story. The damn team is about to go into the playoffs as the favorite in the afc.

Im really scratching my head at the moment.

It should have came up earlier before the Giants hired a GM.
Originally posted by littleken:
The timing on this is really bad for what appears to be a one sided- leaked- story. The damn team is about to go into the playoffs as the favorite in the afc.

It should have came up earlier before the Giants hired a GM.

Belichick trumps all. Doesn't matter what GM they hired or when. Still don't think it happens but wondering what the compensation would be.

Everytime the Patriots get featured in the media, they seem to go out and win a SB. Not expecting this year to be any exception, even if there is some legit turmoil going down.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Everytime the Patriots get featured in the media, they seem to go out and win a SB. Not expecting this year to be any exception, even if there is some legit turmoil going down.

Spygate year? 16-0 but lost in the Superbowl.
Originally posted by littleken:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Spygate year? 16-0 but lost in the Superbowl.

should have been 15-1,cheated the hell out the Ravens that game had the Refs in their back pockets,just like this year there where multiple touchdowns called back by the Pocket Refs once again,any close calls goes to the Pats and the NFL ratings are down becuase people are tired of the Pocket Refs and don`t give me none of that Kneeling crap,keep your racist tinted words to yourself.
I think Belichick retires after the season unless they somehow patch things up, or he takes a front office job somewhere. I don't see him wanting to implement his system and methods on another team as a coach and if the article and leaks are accurate how could he continue coaching under Kraft? Or continue to coach a player who is dividing the team?

From an ownership standpoint, if you have to burn a bridge between one of the two then I get it. When Belichick is done he's going to be done, but Brady will always be a face of the franchise.

3 men who for so many years kept the focus entirely on the "team and winning" ,and succeeded. To all be undone by a sham artist. I wonder if this changes what teams think or allow when it comes to personal trainers and such? Or if there is anything a team can actually do to prevent this from happening.

By the way, highly doubt JG 1. Wants to go back to NE and 2. Would ever use TB12 or the snake oil salesman.

Question for the future, if Belichick leaves/retires, do the Patriots fall off a cliff? There whole system of winning might be gone, the qb will be gone soon, and the owner chose a player on the down and soon to be out (age-wise) over the architect who built the system.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
NY Daily News Sports‏Verified account @NYDNSportsFollowFollow @NYDNSports
More
BREAKING: Bill Belichick 'sees an opening' to coach @Giants and might take it amid Patriots drama, source tells @garymyersNYDN http://nydn.us/2EaJ6HC 

If I'm a Pats fan I'd start to sweat a little bit... I still have doubts but the smoke is getting a bit too suspiciously thick.

NY also swore the Jets were going to trade for Steve Young in '97 too.

IMO Belichick has three practical options: keep same role, move upstairs and do less, or retire.
If he goes to NY, maybe it's a FO role. It'll be a lot of work to remold NYG the way he wants.
Belichick can just draft Falk and everything will be hunky dory in NE.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=393335877776124&id=718275704975420
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
should have been 15-1,cheated the hell out the Ravens that game had the Refs in their back pockets,just like this year there where multiple touchdowns called back by the Pocket Refs once again,any close calls goes to the Pats and the NFL ratings are down becuase people are tired of the Pocket Refs and don`t give me none of that Kneeling crap,keep your racist tinted words to yourself.

I remember that. lol. f**k them. Don't worry, the steelers will take care of them.

• titan
  • Veteran
If they lose their first game I think it will get really ugly.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=393335877776124&id=718275704975420
Colin Cowherd has been killing it lately with this drama in NE....

First he speculates a few weeks ago that Belichick is pissed at Kraft for forcing Brady to stay, so he trades JB and then JG out of spite.........all because of his ego.

Then he kind of reiterates all of this in a recent video based off of this article.

And now his latest video he claims that Belichick sabotaged Brady in the recent Dolphins game with a vanilla game plan and no visible emotion to show what Brady would look like without him.

I gotta tell you.........Tim Kawakami ain't got s**** on Cowherd! My favorite sports conspiracy theorist, bar none.

I hope what he's saying is actually true!!!
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
NY Daily News Sports‏Verified account @NYDNSportsFollowFollow @NYDNSports
More
BREAKING: Bill Belichick 'sees an opening' to coach @Giants and might take it amid Patriots drama, source tells @garymyersNYDN http://nydn.us/2EaJ6HC 

If I'm a Pats fan I'd start to sweat a little bit... I still have doubts but the smoke is getting a bit too suspiciously thick.

#Fakenews

When there is smoke, the chances are there is fire.

It is quite possible Belichick might have been an indirect source who leaked the story in the first place.

It wouldn't surprise me at all. Kraft pissed him off by forcing him to trade Jimmy G who he loved and he has to look at Brady's face everyday. That is a heck of a lot of pride to swallow if he were to stay in NE. Plus, why would he want to? He has made more than enough money and won more than enough Super Bowls to have to take that kind of sh*t.

The Giants job would make perfect sense.
It would make my day if the Pats lose in the playoffs, both coordinators end up with head coaching jobs elsewhere and Bill Belichick announces his resignation from the New England Patriots shortly after. Let this franchise sink to the depths of mediocrity after Robert Kraft's idiotic decision to hang on to a 40-year-old quarterback when the heir apparent was already waiting in the wings.
[ Edited by TWD_Fan on Jan 6, 2018 at 6:20 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone