There are 164 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by btthepunk:
If Spags doesnt stay on, Kyle should give him a call.

this. he is a 4-3 guy so the transition won't be as bad.

but i am glad that we aren't gonna be included in the carousel for a little while
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Mostly I am thankful that this thread is in NFL Talk and not Niner Talk for once.

You never know...it is Jed we're talking about. Maybe he wants to keep his streak alive....5-5...
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AlexCat49er:
Sad that it seems likely that we won't be a part of the festivities this year for the first time in awhile.

Seriously ?
Giants brass was smart for doing that with still a month left in the season. At least they got a good head start on the coaching/GM search. Watch them copy us and pull a GM right the hell out of f**king thin air no one sees coming to pair with some up-and-coming hotshot coordinator LOL.
They should give Trent Baalke a call...

Also stay away from Adam Peters
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
They should give Trent Baalke a call...

Also stay away from Adam Peters

This, because Lynch needs a strong personnel guy backing him up imo.

I think there are enough other "up and coming" types to lower the odds. We talked about a lot them last year - Wolf, Fitterer, Kirchner, McDonough, Paton, etc. Caseiro isn't old but I didn't include him because he seems more established.

Plus the retreads like Scot McCloughan, John Dorsey, etc. Dave Gettleman (sp? - the guy the Panthers fired) also has connections to NYG, I believe. And Louis Riddick, whatever you want to label him as...

It's been a while since I've had to worry about anybody in our organization getting poached, lol.
Glad we are not on this list
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
This is a very attractive job opening. I think you'll hear Nick Saban (who would've taken the job 2 years ago if his wife was on board) and Jim Harbaugh's name come up although it'll be on the hush hush because of recruiting.
Not sure what to make of McAdo. He seemed to know a lot about football certainly. As a HC, he went about it all wrong. I think he went Tom Coughlin when he's not Coughlin.
Originally posted by gold49digger:

but i am glad that we aren't gonna be included in the carousel for a little while

Rather get Fangio once Fox and his staff get fired

Now that the GM has also been fired I expect Bill Cowher to be the next Giants head Coach. He wants to run it all with his guys.
My prediction.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AlexCat49er:
Sad that it seems likely that we won't be a part of the festivities this year for the first time in awhile.

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by gold49digger:

Rather get Fangio once Fox and his staff get fired

honestly we might roll with saleh for at least one more season, but who knows, we had such a late start on getting assistant coaches that maybe we might have a change in personnel if the guys kyle wanted last year are available now.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Not sure what to make of McAdo. He seemed to know a lot about football certainly. As a HC, he went about it all wrong. I think he went Tom Coughlin when he's not Coughlin.

He should stick to being an OC. I bet he goes back running to Green Bay.
Originally posted by stonecold590:
Now that the GM has also been fired I expect Bill Cowher to be the next Giants head Coach. He wants to run it all with his guys.
My prediction.

good god people that s**t is never ever gonna happen....dude has been out of the league for 12 years lol. Who in the hell is he gonna put together for a coaching staff

That's all I hear from NY fans....Bill Cowher will be the HC, nah man it gonna be John Gruden....no dude Nick Saben lol. One of my buddies says he's betting on Tomlin huh?

In the real world someone like John Dorsey as GM and Dave Toub would actually make sense.

I can't see McDaniels going anywhere either...once BIll retires Josh get's that gig.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 5, 2017 at 1:31 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone