LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 448 users in the forums

Kam Chancellor out for season

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by mojave45:
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
And alternatively, he was just over priced for the market. We will see.

FWIW we know that's not the case as it has been widely reported that he'd have been signed by the Bengals save for his unwillingness to guarantee he would never kneel again.

To be clear, that the Bengals asked him to sign a no-kneeling pact is perfectly legal, and they're within their rights to do that.

It only becomes an issue if they did so in consultation with the NFL or with another team, at which point that is the case, regardless of what eventually happens with Reid.

Lmfao, we don't know what money anyone was talking or if he would have been signed. We know he didn't get past the interview, that's all. The rest is conjecture. Which a lot of people like to have come down on the side of Reid or Kap.

Safeties have definitely had problems getting signed this year. I will agree that his failure to stand was one hang up with him finding a team, but it isn't a certainty that was the only reason.

Truth!

Good post man.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
VD must be relieved now

That hit is an "All Time " must watch vid.

Changed VD's career for sure.

FWIW we know that's not the case as it has been widely reported that he'd have been signed by the Bengals save for his unwillingness to guarantee he would never kneel again.

To be clear, that the Bengals asked him to sign a no-kneeling pact is perfectly legal, and they're within their rights to do that.

It only becomes an issue if they did so in consultation with the NFL or with another team, at which point that is the case, regardless of what eventually happens with Reid.

Lmfao, we don't know what money anyone was talking or if he would have been signed. We know he didn't get past the interview, that's all. The rest is conjecture. Which a lot of people like to have come down on the side of Reid or Kap.

Safeties have definitely had problems getting signed this year. I will agree that his failure to stand was one hang up with him finding a team, but it isn't a certainty that was the only reason.

Oh yeah, absolutely agreed that it's not certainty that was refusing to stand was the ONLY reason.

I was responding to your post in which you conjectured that "alternatively, he was just overpriced for the market."

The word in that sentence I was responding to was "just", noting that we have good reporting clarifying it's not just that from his visit to the Bengals.

We don't know what his contract demands were or what the Bengals were offering, but from reporting we're as certain as one can be that it wasn't "just" that.

Oh yeah, absolutely agreed that it's not certainty that was refusing to stand was the ONLY reason.

I was responding to your post in which you conjectured that "alternatively, he was just overpriced for the market."

The word in that sentence I was responding to was "just", noting that we have good reporting clarifying it's not just that from his visit to the Bengals.

We don't know what his contract demands were or what the Bengals were offering, but from reporting we're as certain as one can be that it wasn't "just" that.

No. We aren't sure it wasn't just his contract. You assume that because of your political beliefs. There is no certainty of it.
Share 49ersWebzone