LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

Kam Chancellor out for season

Shop 49ers game tickets
Don't wish injury... ah f**k it. I want them punished, take all of them out. Especially that willow.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Don't wish injuries on anyone but it looks like Seahawks year is over along with the Cowboys. I can pretty much handle anyone else winning the SB.

Can't wait for next year.

Just need The pats and Steelers to lose the first game of the playoffs and I'm fkn good

This!
And I'm glad the f**king packers are toast
Wouldn't mind seeing the eagles win one finally.

No sea /oak/pats/Cows / Steelers

would be ideal. Ahh guess I'm greedy. I'm just happy the raiders will be done as of tomorrow ,pack is out , and the sea hawks are done.
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Beginning of the end for him and some other older/injured Seahawks. I think Seattle's window has passed

Would seem that way, the body can take just so much pounding and KC was a big hitter.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Nothing a little HGH can't cure.
The flip side of this is that injuries are hurting this league in a big way. It seems more prevalent than it used to, to have 6, 8, 10 first line player's seasons wiped out each team every year.

One aspect, tho it doesn't account for it all, is when linemen were 260lbs the hits here football hits, now at 325lbs and up they're cumulatively disabling hits.

Another issue is CBA restrictions on contact in camp and practice that I'm sure softens guys up a little.

Then there's,

Oh screw it.
Lol Shehawks.
Losers
WTF Pete wants to play him and blow the higher ups to let him play lol

Broken frickin neck.

Give it up

its ova.

No Sherman
Oline

Running back.

Doneski.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
WTF Pete wants to play him and blow the higher ups to let him play lol

Broken frickin neck.

Give it up

its ova.

No Sherman
Oline

Running back.

Doneski.

Sheldon and Duane Brown trades worked out great lolz.
Seahawks should've had back to back Super Bowls but someone dild not want to see Marshawn say on National TV he was going to Dizzyworld.
Is it almost time these jerkoffs start cutting or trading their players..? I could see either Chancellor or Sherman being cut or traded this offseason..Jimmy Graham, Sheldon Richardson, Luke Joekel, Luke Willson, Paul Richardson should all be gone too next year..teams will offer more then Seattle can match..

Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Seahawks should've had back to back Super Bowls but someone dild not want to see Marshawn say on National TV he was going to Dizzyworld.

Not sure that's the case.

I still think a throw was the correct call given the circumstances (clock running, NE in goal line formation, 1 timeout left)......

Literally an extra timeout would have been all that was needed there. They were hoping Belichick would call it and he didn't, so they were forced to run a play.

With 2nd and goal to go, if you attempt a failed run, now you'll need to call a time out or at least spike it and losing a down. With just 1 timeout, you're so limited in things you can do.

So much changes if it were only 1st and goal, or 2nd and goal with 2 timeouts, or even 3rd and goal with 2 timeouts..............

But that wasn't the scenario.

People often think the Hawks had 3 timeouts or something and the clock was stopped. I assure you no football coach on earth would throw any pass in such a scenario.

I saw a film analysis with Belichick and some NE TV personality going over plays in that game and there was one play where they had Lynch bottled up on a 2nd and 1 or 3rd and 1, I believe maybe out of a zone read situation. NE would have been ready for Lynch I think, especially in a goal line versus 11 personnel set (or whatever it was with just 1 RB).

The real miracle was Hightower shedding a block from Okung and tackling Lynch with just a shoulder to save the TD right before the interception. Combine that with the freaking miracle Kearse catch a play earlier, and the insane luck in beating Green Bay and this miracle going the other way was the only just energy from the football gods.

Combine that with Lynch being 1/5 all year from the 1 yard line, and it wasn't exactly an automatic scenario for the Seahawks.

Yes I've studied this one pretty close. SEA could have still won this game, but it was far from automatic (see SB 47's ending).

Now that tipped off staple SEA slant with the box out was not a good call even though it almost worked. It was only used a few times that year but Ernie Adams had it identified as a special play to look out for. They practiced for it leading up to the Super Bowl, but it scored against them every time. It sorta was like "The Catch" that never connected in practice but was nailed in the real game.

Some kind of bootleg roll out where Wilson could have at least thrown it out of the end zone would have given the Hawks at least two shots to pound it in.

Figure 19-20 seconds on the clock, 3rd and goal from the 1, one time out. You can pound it in twice, or call one run and one pass....

ps - The Seahawks started that final drive with 3 timeouts I believe........definitely at least 2. The game in essence was lost in that.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Nov 19, 2017 at 8:22 AM ]
Not to sidetrack too much, but the memory was great.

I just had gotten home from overseas contract a few days prior. Went to watch the game with my pops at a bar in Santa Clara.

Walked back to my sister's place with score down 24-10, and caught the comeback and the big play.

The utter shock on my dad's face following the pick (after a considerable delay) is something I'll never forget!
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

I just had gotten home from overseas contract a few days prior. Went to watch the game with my pops at a bar in Santa Clara.

Walked back to my sister's place with score down 24-10, and caught the comeback and the big play.

The utter shock on my dad's face following the pick (after a considerable delay) is something I'll never forget!

Lol i was watching with a few friends who are seahawk fans. After that kearse catch they talking dynasty until...ooops
Originally posted by 9er4lyphe:
The Legion of Gloom

Dilly Dilly
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

Lol me too. Me and my dad where like ,"ahh well.. WTF is two super bowls to our five ?"

Then Russ screwed the pooch and we were giddy for weeks about it.
Share 49ersWebzone