LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 216 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Jimmy flat foot needs to be cut once he passes his physical.
Nvmd.
[ Edited by RackofRibs49 on Jun 7, 2022 at 4:51 AM ]
Originally posted by RackofRibs49:
Nvmd.

Your best post ever!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Nvmd.

Your best post ever!

Originally posted by TheStalker49er:
Nvmd.

Your best post ever!

Thanks bro!
[ Edited by RackofRibs49 on Jun 7, 2022 at 5:36 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

good god,, this is the truth.,.,..
Originally posted by cciowa:

good god,, this is the truth.,.,..

I've slightly cooled off my idea about Jimmy needing to be cut immediately rather than after he can pass a physical.

However, if there is a player that our team wants in free agency that would not be possible with Jimmy on the books, then yes, he needs to be cut immediately. If our front office decides there isnt any free agent help out there, then there is no harm in waiting to cut him.

Cutting him now would mean that Jimmy would have to sign at least a $7M contract for 2022 for us to get everything back. While the homers probably think that he would get that easily, I am not so sure....so I understand waiting for him to pass his physical. I just really dont want to lose out on someone that could make our team better because of this blind hope that we would be able to trade him for a draft pick once he passes his physical.

Not to mention, I just want this drama to be over with. Time to move on.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I've slightly cooled off my idea about Jimmy needing to be cut immediately rather than after he can pass a physical.

However, if there is a player that our team wants in free agency that would not be possible with Jimmy on the books, then yes, he needs to be cut immediately. If our front office decides there isnt any free agent help out there, then there is no harm in waiting to cut him.

Cutting him now would mean that Jimmy would have to sign at least a $7M contract for 2022 for us to get everything back. While the homers probably think that he would get that easily, I am not so sure....so I understand waiting for him to pass his physical. I just really dont want to lose out on someone that could make our team better because of this blind hope that we would be able to trade him for a draft pick once he passes his physical.

Not to mention, I just want this drama to be over with. Time to move on.
you said nothing wrong.. nothing good comes from him being on this team. whatever is the timeline which is in the best interest of our team financially... dump him
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Nvmd.

Your best post ever!

The shade is heavy
Originally posted by random49er:
If Jimmy LED the 49ers to the NFC Title Game or the NFL Superbowl a couple yrs prior,...then so did the equipment manager.

Originally posted by random49er:
The shade is heavy

Please bro... I'm not sure why you insist on talking to me after this. .
[ Edited by RackofRibs49 on Jun 7, 2022 at 1:08 PM ]

I see release as most likely but they've waited this long they want to get him healthy and see if any trade materializes perhaps with us eating a portion and getting a 4th..

No reason to wait 90% of the way and panic into a cut.. we've come this far let it play all the way out.. he's gotta be close to healed.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I see release as most likely but they've waited this long they want to get him healthy and see if any trade materializes perhaps with us eating a portion and getting a 4th..

No reason to wait 90% of the way and panic into a cut.. we've come this far let it play all the way out.. he's gotta be close to healed.
The wait is also to screw any team that he may go to (seattle)
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Yup
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Yup

I honestly would love to face Jimmy twice a year. Not to say he sucks or isn't better than Geno any other current QB on their roster but with how familiar we are with Jimmy and his play style, I think we would fair pretty well against him.

Imagine Jimmy consistently throwing over the middle against Fred Warner. Don't think that would work out for Seattle.

Either way… zero chance Seattle is interested.
Never in my life I thought I'd see 49ers fans wanting Seattle to get better.
Share 49ersWebzone