Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by mojave45:
Big contracts take time to hammer out. Your response is just simply too simplistic and your position so consistently negative that reality might get in the way. Hope you don't completely melt down if doesn't happen to coincide with your personal time table and expectations.
If it gets done early, great. If it takes time I am not going to stress. Baalke isn't running things anymore. Just in case you missed that.
I think it is fine to be concerned about the single most important issue of our football team and future without having to have some juvenile label with a sarcastic tone affixed to it. now maybe i am simple and stupid but i think free agents are looking at this thing very closely as they should.
Concern is one thing I guess, but a healthy concern is that the team and his agent take their time and do it right. I don't think there is any way in the world it doesn't happen, just more how does it work? If there were leaks from Jimmy G or Don Yee saying how unhappy he was with the process, or that he wants to go elsewhere, then there would be reasons for concern. Not before. But if you want to take it to extremes that's up to you. There have been exactly zero indications so far that there is trouble. Our GM has let it be known we want him, and that in itself is unusual in negotiations. This has absolutely none of the ear marks of the problems Washington got itself into. None. Zero. Zip. Nada.
Bringing up history with the old FO doesn't work for me either. Baalke isn't here, and until Lynch and Shanahan show that they are complete morons I am not inclined to believe they are. So far they have shown the opposite. All I have seen is first year of a rebuild, with them taking over late, having to pick up some bargain bin or worse players to just field a team at the beginning of the year, and making moves all year long to try to get better. They traded for JG, refused the ignorant cries of fans to start him the same day in a lost season. When he did finally play it was a big boost to a young rebuilding team.
If you have any info that shows they don't want him, won't pay him, or he doesn't want to be here I would like to see it. Because there have been no indications of any of that.
[ Edited by mojave45 on Jan 24, 2018 at 12:44 PM ]