LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

Cam Newton

• dj43
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
With his very stylish fashion sense maube he thinks his wardrobe can save him from germs. I mean some of them outfits flat out scared me

There is a time and place for very fashion-forward duds. Post-game pressers are not that.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Cam was never a leader. That was his downfall.

According to who, you? Players loved to play for him. Bad take.

Loved to play for him or with him? He may have been a fun personality, but he wasn't a leader. I'm just saying, he probably has a great non-football personality, but his actions during his NFL career have been that of a front runner. When things are going his way and he is winning, he shines, but when things are not going his way, he goes downhill fast in terms of how he handles those situations.

That's not a leader.
[ Edited by Joecool on Sep 2, 2021 at 6:43 AM ]
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Cam was never a leader. That was his downfall.

According to who, you? Players loved to play for him. Bad take.

Loved to play for him or with him? He may have been a fun personality, but he wasn't a leader. I'm just saying, he probably has a great non-football personality, but his actions during his NFL career have been that of a front runner. When things are going his way and he is winning, he shines, but when things are not going his way, he goes downhill fast in terms of how he handles those situations.

That's not a leader.

Ok, well players disagree. But we have fans that obviously know more than players in the locker room.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

LOL at Cam leaving Mac hanging there. Not sure if by accident or on purpose.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

It's happening. We f**ked up
Per an inside source and former team mate, Cam couldn't get the offense. Not calling him stupid, even though he was there last year too.

From an article today:

"From what I gained from sources inside the actual building… Mac was basically helping Cam learn the playbook," Ninkovich said, as quoted by Hot New Hip Hop. "Mac was having less mental errors and a better understanding of the offense."
To support his statement, Ninkovich, who played for the Patriots for eight seasons, said that despite receiving first-team reps and being unofficially named as the team's QB1, Newton didn't run the no-huddle offense nor the two-minute drill in the preseason games. Though there's a wide gap between them in terms of NFL experience, it seems like Jones was better at mastering the Patriots playbook
In an interview Cam said he would have been released, even if he didn't miss those 5 days. Said he would have been fine backing up Mac Jones but believes he was released because it would have been uncomfortable for Mac to have to look over his shoulder.
  • PatS
  • Veteran
Personally, I think the reason Cam lost his "game" is because the coaches took away his running game.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PatS:
Personally, I think the reason Cam lost his "game" is because the coaches took away his running game.

I think it had more to do with Injuries Piling up. Two shoulder injuries requiring surgery took away his gun and the hits he took running the ball inside over the years have taken away his legs. He's an OLD 32.

I disagree, I think he lost his "game" since that fumble in the super bowl and he didn't dive for it.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Heard Seattle was kicking the tires on him
Originally posted by jcs:

I think it had more to do with Injuries Piling up. Two shoulder injuries requiring surgery took away his gun and the hits he took running the ball inside over the years have taken away his legs. He's an OLD 32.

Definitely this, Rivera put his body through hell.
I think we should sign him for a one year deal and let Lance grow under him. Similar play styles imo
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Cam Newton is crap, dude got beat out by a rookie.
Share 49ersWebzone