LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 172 users in the forums

OL Laken Tomlinson, signs with NYJ

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
This is a joke...At least Tomlinson gives you a body for 16 games...AA is going to get paid 9 million to play a 1/2 season of football poorly...
Originally posted by jcs:
This is a joke...At least Tomlinson gives you a body for 16 games...AA is going to get paid 9 million to play a 1/2 season of football poorly...

Very strange decisions awarding constant injured players
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
Very strange decisions awarding constant injured players

The draft too.
They are probably making some calls, and looking under a few rocks, if they don't turn up anything better by the deadline, I assume they will sign him.
So there is a chance that Garnet, Beadles, and a rookie is going to be blocking for Jimmy?

To go against the Rams twice a season..and other pass rushers on our schedule?

Tomlinson isn't Amazing but I trust him more to protect Jimmy than Beadles and Garnett.
The webzone is going off their rocker. Tomlinson is still on the team for 2018. We still have time to upgrade next season or sign him to an extension if things work out. Everyone is overreacting about every single move the team is making .
Originally posted by Afrikan:
So there is a chance that Garnet, Beadles, and a rookie is going to be blocking for Jimmy?

To go against the Rams twice a season..and other pass rushers on our schedule?

Tomlinson isn't Amazing but I trust him more to protect Jimmy than Beadles and Garnett.

"It was just a weak draft class for interior OL" ~ WZ

Uhh, Tomlinson would have gotten $9,625,000 for his 5th yr, that's easy decision IMO https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-heres-a-fifth-year-option-forecast-for-every-2015-first-round-draft-pick/

Not saying AA is a consistent player, but he has more of a future with the team than Laken does.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Uhh, Tomlinson would have gotten $9,625,000 for his 5th yr, that's easy decision IMO https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-heres-a-fifth-year-option-forecast-for-every-2015-first-round-draft-pick/

Not saying AA is a consistent player, but he has more of a future with the team than Laken does.

And if he clears waivers we can offer him less...

This. If laken balls out this year he will get resigned.

I think they are super optimistic about Garnett. If he can be out legit lg we have 4 our of 5 spots solidified. We will need a LT in a couple years tho.

While im not sold on paying Armstead either there is no reason to pay big money for below average guard play.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

And if he clears waivers we can offer him less...

Ha! What a dope I am, I thought the belly acheing was because he was cut! Lol he'll play this season, if he does well they will resign him, if not that means we have some one better
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
No use picking up the option, if your not sure he's even going to win a job.
They didn't pick up his option because he's most likely not going to start this upcoming season.

Cooper is a much better fit than him for this scheme at LG. I also think Garnett easily wins the RG spot.
Originally posted by Nastastical:
They didn't pick up his option because he's most likely not going to start this upcoming season.

Cooper is a much better fit than him for this scheme at LG. I also think Garnett easily wins the RG spot.

*prays for Jimmy*
Share 49ersWebzone