LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 232 users in the forums

OL Laken Tomlinson, signs with NYJ

Shop 49ers game tickets
Ian Rapoport:

Terms: The #Lions trade guard Laken Tomlinson to the #49ers for a 5th rounder in 2019, sources tell @MikeGarafolo and me.
Is he any good? Former first round pick in 2015. How has he played? Has he been a bust or been ok?
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Former 1st round pick I think. The Lions don't exactly have a worldbeater OL, interesting move.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Is he any good? Former first round pick in 2015. How has he played? Has he been a bust or been ok?

He was a draft crush of many of us, and the 9ers staff member knew him from Detroit. I think this is a STEAL...... A fifth round draft pick in 2019, a player who has a few years left on his contract and get a fifth year option, LYNCH you rock.
  • thl408
Lynch addressing OG with a youngun with upside. This guy has 1st round pedigree. OL takes time to develop. Maybe this is a bargain deal.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2017/03/29/lions-arent-writing-off-laken-tomlinson/99759356/
When the Detroit Lions signed T.J. Lang this offseason, it appeared to be a significant blow to Laken Tomlinson's future with the club.
Tomlinson, a first-round pick in 2015, lost his starting left guard job to rookie Graham Glasgow last season. The belief was Tomlinson might be a better fit on the right side, where he played in college at Duke, but the addition of Lang eliminated that possibility.
[ Edited by thl408 on Aug 31, 2017 at 9:30 AM ]
Is he a guard center combo?
He was drafted in the 1st-round in 2015 but he's been massively disappointing based on what I've read from Lions' fans. Started 24 out of 32 games.

There's a reason we only had to give up a 5th-round pick in 2019 to get him.
Originally posted by thl408:
Lynch addressing OG with a youngun with upside. This guy has 1st round pedigree. OL takes time to develop. Maybe this is a bargain deal.

I love this deal. And since it's with Detroit, you know it's a huge win for us.

#Kerley
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Welp, this guy makes it. I don't see them giving up a pick just to cut him after one preseason game.
Love it. He is an ideal straight ahead mauling power run blocking guard.

LT- Joe Staley / Garry Gilliam
LG- Zane Beadles
C- Daniel Kilgore / Tim Barnes
RG- Laken Tomlinson / Brandon Fusco
RT- Trent Brown

When Josh Garnett comes back we could have the making of a real nice Oline.
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Aug 31, 2017 at 9:36 AM ]

• jcs
  • Veteran
Started 24 games in the NFL. Smart player with two degrees. Signed through 2018 making around 2.3 million over the next two seasons.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
He was drafted in the 1st-round in 2015 but he's been massively disappointing based on what I've read from Lions' fans. Started 24 out of 32 games.

What type of blocking scheme does Detroit run?
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

He was a draft crush of many of us, and the 9ers staff member knew him from Detroit. I think this is a STEAL...... A fifth round draft pick in 2019, a player who has a few years left on his contract and get a fifth year option, LYNCH you rock.

Same here. Wanted him on day 2 but Lions took him before then.
Low risk/ high reward trade
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Wow, if it's true he's a good zone blocker. More depth at O Line! I'm thinking they really want to keep Hoyer healthy this year!
Share 49ersWebzone