49ers vs. Commanders Tickets Available! →

There are 621 users in the forums

Ahkello Witherspoon, CB

Shop 49ers game tickets
This is a big deal. Ward sucks and can't stay healthy, Verrett can't even run and was a downright embarrassment yesterday, and Moseley is an UDFA who doesn't have the experience.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
AT LEAST a month.

I like Afrikan's idea. Ward to play CB again. That's not a terrible idea. I think that's the only short term fix. I just can't see us trading what little draft stock we have next year for Ramsey ALTHOUGH I do think it's the right move given Sherm is not getting any younger.

ward seeing the field is a terrible idea

I've wanted Ward off this team before most.. and still do. BUT if he is going to take up a roster spot..then might as well use him where he's ONLY looked good. And that was starting corner. Outside only.

I believe it was 2016 where he started on the outside exclusively. It was the only time he looked good at something in his career.

And if he plays well for 3 weeks.. maybe we could finally find a trading partner who needs a CB?
Not good playing the Rams/Browns without a starting corner.

Two weeks before we play again, at least he gets a head start on recovery without missing more games.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 53,673
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Verrett f**ked up on 2 plays and everyone is ready to give up on him lol

Verrett was too good when healthy to give up on him after two plays. He will need some time to get his timing back.

So much this. Dude hasn't played in a while...and we are gonna kill him for 2 plays? C'mon...let's give him a real shot.
Imagine if Verrett comes in and balls out
  • dj43
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 38,437
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Verrett f**ked up on 2 plays and everyone is ready to give up on him lol

Verrett was too good when healthy to give up on him after two plays. He will need some time to get his timing back.

So much this. Dude hasn't played in a while...and we are gonna kill him for 2 plays? C'mon...let's give him a real shot.

He had to come in with no warm-up time. That is tough. If he had gone through all the prep time a starter gets and then came out and messed the bed, I would be a lot more concerned.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Imagine if Verrett comes in and balls out

would be awesome if he played like Walt Harris did for us.
Big loss. At least it's not season ending. I may be crazy but I would put Ward at corner over Verrett right now
really sucks...
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I think mentally he isn't back as much as physically. He needs more time. They must've thought that he's ready to put him in initially.

They pulled him quick. Don't want him to lose anymore confidence than he already.

Agreed
Originally posted by Scottie15:
This is a big deal. Ward sucks and can't stay healthy, Verrett can't even run and was a downright embarrassment yesterday, and Moseley is an UDFA who doesn't have the experience.

Shouldn't the headline under the forum header read "Spraining' rather than 'Breaking'
Can anyone remember the last time our secondary made it thru a full season without injury. I'm talking about injuries that cause you to miss more than one game. We've lost one guy in each game so far. Coleman. Staley and now Spoon. I guess we're lucky that all the injuries didn't happen at the same position group like last year when nearly the entire secondary and all the RB's got hurt at one time or another.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Sep 23, 2019 at 5:02 PM ]
The Browns entire secondary was hurt last night. It is a next man up league, always has been. You just have to hope it is not your QB. I think with two weeks of prep and knowing he will be playing, that Verrett will hold it down.
Ok well now I think we may trade for a corner after Kyle's comments. Idk if it will be Ramsey but I do think we would be willing trade a 3rd or a 1st and a 3rd for a CB. Not necessarily the same years picks either. I at least know now they are looking into it. Unless it's motivation for the current crop. I don't know if you trade a high pick for a rental unless you think this team has a legit shot at making a deep playoff run. What other corners are available? Two #1s doesn't make sense plus a crap ton of money for the guy when his contract up or even before his contract is up.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone