There are 183 users in the forums

Ahkello Witherspoon, CB

Shop 49ers game tickets
Two-thirds of the world is covered by water . The other third is covered by Ahkello Witherspoon
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Two-thirds of the world is covered by water . The other third is covered by Ahkello Witherspoon

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Pff didn't give him a good grade last year and said something like "if it wasn't for Akellos horrid 30ish grade Sherman might have been exposed last year"

listened to Crock today talking about how it wasn't all spoon and the safeties were constantly out of position...Spoon messed up, but I think it's also safe to say there was a f**k ton of miscommunication, especially with the turnstile at the DB position.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

*not covered
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Pff didn't give him a good grade last year and said something like "if it wasn't for Akellos horrid 30ish grade Sherman might have been exposed last year"

listened to Crock today talking about how it wasn't all spoon and the safeties were constantly out of position...Spoon messed up, but I think it's also safe to say there was a f**k ton of miscommunication, especially with the turnstile at the DB position.

No argument here. Our secondary including Sherman struggled bad. Our increased pass rush should help out a lot. And I think any player who can close quickly (cough*Verrett*cough) is going to have a good year with the ball inevitably coming out much faster this year.

To your point though if our Safeties continue to hang the corners out to dry our pass rush won't amount to anything.
No argument here. Our secondary including Sherman struggled bad. Our increased pass rush should help out a lot. And I think any player who can close quickly (cough*Verrett*cough) is going to have a good year with the ball inevitably coming out much faster this year.

To your point though if our Safeties continue to hang the corners out to dry our pass rush won't amount to anything.

I'm actually more worried about Sherm than I am about Spoon. I love me some Verrett, I do think he should be on a pitch count this yr though, usually takes two seasons after an Achilles to see 100% of a player ( wish it was a 2 yr deal).

That secondary needs some sort of continuity though

I'm actually more worried about Sherm than I am about Spoon. I love me some Verrett, I do think he should be on a pitch count this yr though, usually takes two seasons after an Achilles to see 100% of a player ( wish it was a 2 yr deal).

I feel the complete opposite. Sherm should be good this year, in the future probably not.

Ahkello has actually been somewhat decent in run support but his coverage has been horrible, it's a lot of just bad technique with him not his athletic skillset. Hopefully one more year he turns it around but I doubt it.

My guess is Verrrett or a rookie steps up as the other corner.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

I feel the complete opposite. Sherm should be good this year, in the future probably not.

Ahkello has actually been somewhat decent in run support but his coverage has been horrible, it's a lot of just bad technique with him not his athletic skillset. Hopefully one more year he turns it around but I doubt it.

My guess is Verrrett or a rookie steps up as the other corner.

Yeah I'm not concerned about Sherm. While Akello I wouldn't be shocked if he's a late cut or is just barely makes the 53 but doesn't dress.
Not sure how much we can depend on Verrett and we didn't draft any rookie that's a starter at CB
Originally posted by lamontb:
Not sure how much we can depend on Verrett and we didn't draft any rookie that's a starter at CB

Agreed. This FO has not done so hot drafting CBs. I think Reed can be good but he needs to just be playing nickle and that position is filled soooo

Yeah I'm not concerned about Sherm. While Akello I wouldn't be shocked if he's a late cut or is just barely makes the 53 but doesn't dress.

I don't see Ahkello close to being in danger of making the team.
Keep ballin young fella, keep ballin.
Another day, another day of the young fella locking it up.

Keep ballin young fella, keep ballin.
https://twitter.com/maiocconbcs/status/1155942174292230144?s=21

Why is Witherspoon wearing socks around his waist ?
https://twitter.com/maiocconbcs/status/1155942174292230144?s=21

Why is Witherspoon wearing socks around his waist ?

Men athletic leggings
Share 49ersWebzone