LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 345 users in the forums

Ahkello Witherspoon, CB

Shop 49ers game tickets
It's gonna take more than one offseason to change an athlete as advanced as he already is. Not holding my breath on this guy.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Stanley:
It's gonna take more than one offseason to change an athlete as advanced as he already is. Not holding my breath on this guy.

Yeah, it maybe too little, too late for Witherspoon. He has to change a lot of what he's used to doing.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Yeah, it maybe too little, too late for Witherspoon. He has to change a lot of what he's used to doing.

I wouldn't say it's too late. He's only entering his 3rd year. Staying on the field and getting reps is his biggest issue. You can't play one game and sit the next 3, then play 2 and sit one. You need continuity.

Kyle fuller player like dogs**t and the Bears didn't even give him the 5th yr tag...he then went out and balled in a contract yr and got paid.

I don't believe in that nonsense (too far gone) kid was regarded as "raw" coming out of college and turned 24 4 months ago. People do realize SF has only had two seasons under this new regime?

I don't think he has a lot to change, he's gottta work on following the ball and being a little more physical at the line. He's got the ability to shadow guys though.

Better coaching and a real life pass rush, will help this secondary as a whole. Bringing in Joe Woods is a big deal imo.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 21, 2019 at 11:01 AM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Kyle fuller player like dogs**t and the Bears didn't even give him the 5th yr tag...he then went out and balled in a contract yr and got paid.

I don't believe in that nonsense (too far gone) kid was regarded as "raw" coming out of college and turned 24 4 months ago. People do realize SF has only had two seasons under this new regime?

I don't think he has a lot to change, he's gottta work on following the ball and being a little more physical at the line. He's got the ability to shadow guys though.

Better coaching and a real life pass rush, will help this secondary as a whole. Bringing in Joe Woods is a big deal imo.

Personally, you can only hide a weak CB for so long, smarter OC will find a way to expose such player... had Spoon not spoken about the Rams trying to build a contender last year, may be, just maybe, he would not been a MARKED man..

HUMBLE YOUR SELFFFFFFF !!!!

GO NINERSSSS !!!

Second that.

A cornerback having a career year in a Fangio D is not who I'll be comparing Akello too. I appreciate the optimism but we saw the Fangio magic with Corners with Rogers, Cully and Brock.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
A cornerback having a career year in a Fangio D is not who I'll be comparing Akello too. I appreciate the optimism but we saw the Fangio magic with Corners with Rogers, Cully and Brock.

Fangio was there with Fuller since 2015.

Fuller player multiple seasons under Vic....

Fuller player multiple seasons under Vic....

Yeah and he had 1 good year. Fangios D is a very CB friendly. Regardless saying cause a player had a good season doesn't give a reason to think Akello will. I'll root for him to succeed but I just don't think he will.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

I wouldn't say it's too late. He's only entering his 3rd year. Staying on the field and getting reps is his biggest issue. You can't play one game and sit the next 3, then play 2 and sit one. You need continuity.

He's got a lot of bad habits - primarily he doesn't play the ball. His coverage is ok, but he needs to look back and play the ball. His face guarding technique has got to go.
He's got a lot of bad habits - primarily he doesn't play the ball. His coverage is ok, but he needs to look back and play the ball. His face guarding technique has got to go.

The reason DBs do this has been explained a trillion times on here, mayo. I'm saddened you still don't understand why this happens.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:

The reason DBs do this has been explained a trillion times on here, mayo. I'm saddened you still don't understand why this happens.

Yeah, I know.
Originally posted by Heroism:

But can you explain how Akello got beat by the same route by the Packers the entire way down the field?
Share 49ersWebzone