LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

Arizona Cardinals thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
This thread is for anything Cardinals related...

Go Niners!!!
f**k the Cards!
quiet offseason so far. they added Dansby, Bethea (good luck with this one...Jefferson played excellent last season and the drop off might be very huge) and Jenkins OLB from the Steelers. resigned Gresham. No help for their Oline until now which makes you wonder how long Palmer will survive.
Originally posted by AlmighT49er:
quiet offseason so far. they added Dansby, Bethea (good luck with this one...Jefferson played excellent last season and the drop off might be very huge) and Jenkins OLB from the Steelers. resigned Gresham. No help for their Oline until now which makes you wonder how long Palmer will survive.

They let Minter get away too, I thought they should have definitely reworked his deal. Bethea is probably the worst deep ball safety in the NFL. I wonder what they saw in him? A cheap veteran presence? His recent game film surely isn't setting the world on fire.
Originally posted by JBrack:
They let Minter get away too, I thought they should have definitely reworked his deal. Bethea is probably the worst deep ball safety in the NFL. I wonder what they saw in him? A cheap veteran presence? His recent game film surely isn't setting the world on fire.

not to forget their anchor in the middle, calais campell who nicely cashed in in jacksonville (like many others^^)
The cupboard is getting bare and their window is closing. Plus you have Fitzgerald and Palmer in their last years of there playing careers.

It looks as if they are shutting it down and getting ready for a rebuild.

They look like a 4-5 win team who is headed in the wrong direction.

Thats good news for us.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Has there been a more overrated team the past few years than the Cardinals? QB sucks especially when it counts. The OL is below average. The TEs suck. The RB is great. The WR corps has 1 year left of solid play. The DL is average. The ILBs suck. The OLB are good. Mathieu is great...for 6 games. Peterson is good but not elite. And the rest of the secondary is meh.

They had one great season when absolutely everything clicked and their QB played out of his mind for the only time in his career.

Their GM has a really hard time hitting on 1st round talent. The cupboard is getting bare.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Has there been a more overrated team the past few years than the Cardinals? QB sucks especially when it counts. The OL is below average. The TEs suck. The RB is great. The WR corps has 1 year left of solid play. The DL is average. The ILBs suck. The OLB are good. Mathieu is great...for 6 games. Peterson is good but not elite. And the rest of the secondary is meh.

They had one great season when absolutely everything clicked and their QB played out of his mind for the only time in his career.

Their GM has a really hard time hitting on 1st round talent. The cupboard is getting bare.

Their defense has been their crutch. But that is where they lost most of their talent. I do like the Chandler Jones signing though. But one player can't replace 4.

http://arizonasports.com/story/1055122/comings-and-goings-a-breakdown-of-arizona-cardinals-free-agency/
Originally posted by okdkid:

Their defense has been their crutch. But that is where they lost most of their talent. I do like the Chandler Jones signing though. But one player can't replace 4.

http://arizonasports.com/story/1055122/comings-and-goings-a-breakdown-of-arizona-cardinals-free-agency/

yeah their defense is in a downward spiral. Matheiu's injuries are catching up to him and he has a ridiculously expensive contract. Nkemdiche didnt work out. They lost Jefferson and Campbell, easily their two top defenders behind Peterson and Chandler. Gave a huge contract to Chandler Jones, who is great but not elite.

Honestly, they should draft a QB with their 1st and trade off Fitzgerald. Poor guy needs to go to a contender.
Yeah I like Fitzgerald he is a good dude. First class all the way. He seems pretty loyal though. I haven't heard any rumblings yet but maybe after this year when they go back in the cellar and Palmer hangs it up.

Whats the over/under on the Cards win total this year?

5-6?

Last year it was 10.5 wins according to Vegas. They ended up with 7.
[ Edited by JBrack on Mar 23, 2017 at 10:53 AM ]

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Yeah I like Fitzgerald he is a good dude. First class all the way. He seems pretty loyal though. I haven't heard any rumblings yet but maybe after this year when they go back in the cellar and Palmer hangs it up.

Whats the over/under on the Cards win total this year?

5-6?

Last year it was 10.5 wins according to Vegas. They ended up with 7.

We'll have to see how the draft shakes out and any potential trades.

As it stands right now I can see the Cardinals winning eight games. They're in for a world of hurt in 2018 and beyond if they don't completely crush this draft.
Cardinals is very good to draft the players and good team. I am afraid of them.
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
Cardinals is very good to draft the players and good team. I am afraid of them.

2 this. I thought they had a good draft too.
Krishawn Hogan signs with the Cards.. this worries me
The NFCW sure likes ex 49ers. Good luck with the Blaine Train.
Share 49ersWebzone