LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 169 users in the forums

Thanks Chip

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Did what he could with no players brought in for his system. Didn't b***h and complain. The organization set him up to fail. He had to go, but I feel bad for him. You don't do that to good coaches. He will be back somewhere and will be successful.
x2
Joke of an organization
  • ra83
  • Veteran
Agreed. I went from very anti Chip to bring a fan. Hope he lands on his feet and does well
Originally posted by pd24:
Did what he could with no players brought in for his system. Didn't b***h and complain. The organization set him up to fail. He had to go, but I feel bad for him. You don't do that to good coaches. He will be back somewhere and will be successful.

I have to agree. I don't like his firing, but I understand it. He was up sh*t creek with no paddle as soon as Baalke opted to keep $50 million in cap space rather than giving Kelly any options. But, you can't expect a new GM, with any credibility, to come in and not have a clean slate. Let's just hope York and Marathe don't f*** this up. This is the scary part, and we're going head on with 5 other franchises.
[ Edited by PowderdToastMn on Jan 1, 2017 at 7:15 PM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Meh
Thanks Chip, you're financially set for the next 3 years.
[ Edited by Predator85 on Jan 1, 2017 at 7:16 PM ]
Thanks Chip

Bahahaha, you guys will change your tune at the drop of a hat in order to make it an anti Jed thing.
Agreed. I didn't think the org could sink any lower but they have exceeded my expectations. Passing the buck. That's all this org does.

Paraag still here.

• xcfan
  • Veteran
He'll be kickn ass in some college program in a couple years.
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Bahahaha, you guys will change your tune at the drop of a hat in order to make it an anti Jed thing.

Jed, you suck
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Sad to see ya go Chip. Had high hopes.

If this was a true house cleaning Paraage would be gone.
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:
I have to agree. I don't like his firing, but I understand it. He was up sh*t creek with no paddle as soon as Baalke opted to keep $50 million in cap space rather than giving Kelly any options. But, you can't expect a new GM, with any credibility, to come in and not have a clean slate. Let's just hope York and Marathe don't f*** this up. This is the scary part, and we're going head on with 5 other franchises.

hey at least baalke didnt spend that 50 mill on garbage and completely screw us on the way out! he had to know with the talent we had it wasn't going to be that great of a season.. would have been easy to throw that $$$ around in hopes of a band aid for his pride sneaking out maybe another win or two.
Unlike normal people who lose their jobs HCs with a contract in place will get their guaranteed money (except Shanny from Al Davis). Chip did alright with the bad hand he was dealt and will be the hottest coaching candidate to go back into college if he wants it. His cash flow is secure for a long time.
Share 49ersWebzone