LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Jared Goff

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jedediahyork:
Ken Dorsey 2.0

That's Bad! Give him at least a Matt Hasslebeck.
Why would the Rams rush him in? I am a huge fan of sitting you're rookie QB and having him study, learn, and not rush him to the wolves. Goff is not the most mobile QB so you don't want him sitting in the pocket and taking big hits year 1. I think LA will stay with Case, let him try and fight their way back in to the mix. I think by week 12 if they are out of contention then we may see Goff the last 4 games..... I wouldn't be surprised thought if they end up just red shirting him and going with Manion to finish it out to see if they have a solid back up there.
[ Edited by 49ersnum1 on Nov 9, 2016 at 10:35 AM ]
Are you sure that's a serious question...I mean the guy who's a bust is Jeff Fisher, IMHO. Goff hasn't had a chance to prove anything...and if you look back at quite a few #1 QB picks, many have either done little or didn't see the field in their rookie seasons.
Not a good look being the #1 overall pick and unable to unseat Case Keenum, but I wouldn't call him a bust until we see him play in the regular season. He will start eventually.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Not a good look being the #1 overall pick and unable to unseat Case Keenum, but I wouldn't call him a bust until we see him play in the regular season. He will start eventually.

Why do people keep saying this? Jeff did the exact same thing with Chris Chandler and Steve McNair.
Originally posted by SoCold:
Why do people keep saying this? Jeff did the exact same thing with Chris Chandler and Steve McNair.

I'm just talking about the perception of it, especially in today's league when you see more and more rookie QBs ready to go Week 1. The 90's was still a time when it was commonplace to sit rookie QBs, but the expectation nowadays is to play them right away. When it doesn't happen, it raises questions. The patience to sit them and develop just isn't there anymore if you're a top pick.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

I'm just talking about the perception of it, especially in today's league when you see more and more rookie QBs ready to go Week 1. The 90's was still a time when it was commonplace to sit rookie QBs, but the expectation nowadays is to play them right away. When it doesn't happen, it raises questions. The patience to sit them and develop just isn't there anymore if you're a top pick.

Same thing with Alex vs Aaron. One was nfl ready one wasn't. 49ers thought Alex had a better skill set. You could tell he wasn't ready for the NFL. He should have sat at least a year but the 49ers broke him. Oddly Aaron goes to GB sits behind and legend and becomes a legend. lol
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
Why would the Rams rush him in? I am a huge fan of sitting you're rookie QB and having him study, learn, and not rush him to the wolves. Goff is not the most mobile QB so you don't want him sitting in the pocket and taking big hits year 1. I think LA will stay with Case, let him try and fight their way back in to the mix. I think by week 12 if they are out of contention then we may see Goff the last 4 games..... I wouldn't be surprised thought if they end up just red shirting him and going with Manion to finish it out to see if they have a solid back up there.

Why would they even put him in if they are trying to preserve him for the future? You don't think it will be more intense for teams trying to battle for a wild card. That would surely get him killed.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Is this a serious thread?

We are occupying our valuable time until next football season. So yes it's pretty serious!
I think are second first round pick is a bust in josh Garnett

Lol they did the same s**t with Carson Palmer.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pelos21:

Not the same. They would've played Carson if he could've beaten Jon Kitna and Akili Smith. At that time Kitna was a very good QB.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by pelos21:

Not the same. They would've played Carson if he could've beaten Jon Kitna and Akili Smith. At that time Kitna was a very good QB.

There is no way of knowing that Marvin Lewis would have played Carson. It could have been his idea he was going to sit a full season before playing him. You have no idea. lol

Kitna was never a "very good" QB. lol
  • titan
  • Veteran
There is no way of knowing that Marvin Lewis would have played Carson. It could have been his idea he was going to sit a full season before playing him. You have no idea. lol

Hmmm...Passed for over 3500 yds 26 TD the year Palmer sat behind him. I'd say that is a very good QB.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by titan:

Hmmm...Passed for over 3500 yds 26 TD the year Palmer sat behind him. I'd say that is a very good QB.

Oh you're a stats guy eh. lol Lets take a look behind the numbers.

Kitna never touched a 90 passer rating in his career or had a winning season while starting a full season which he only did 3 times, 8-8, 3-13 and 7-9. He also passed for over 4,000 yards both his years as a Lion but threw more INT than TDs.

"Very good" QBs are top 5 guys in the league that are 95+ passer ratings and are 8/9 yards per pass attempt.

Kitna's best year as a starter was 87.4 and a 7.3 avg
He's a career 77.4 rat and 6.7 avg

Kitna was a career backup who got to start a few season and was very avg at best.

Also I was in the stands for this play which was epic so he's got that going for him.

Share 49ersWebzone