LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Kirk Cousins

Shop 49ers game tickets
Lol Cousins stinks is this really a thread?
Originally posted by WestCoastO:
Lol Cousins stinks is this really a thread?

there are 96 million reasons as to why it is.
[ Edited by TonyStarks on Mar 20, 2020 at 12:56 PM ]
So much for the Shanny is waiting for Cousins crap. It takes a lot to move on from a qb.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Mar 20, 2020 at 1:12 PM ]
Kirk Cousins most likely will be gone from Minnesota after this year. Shanahan is salivating at a chance to get him. He is probably taking his pants off right now. In any case, if they bring in Mr, 8-8, I will definitely start calling for a new GM and/or coach. Kirk cousins sucks period.
[ Edited by ComeOnDeberg on Dec 25, 2020 at 3:14 PM ]
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
Kirk Cousins most likely will be gone from Minnesota after this year. Shanahan is salivating at a chance to get him. He is probably taking his pants off right now. In any case, if they bring in Mr, 8-8, I will definitely start calling for a new GM and/or coach. Kirk cousins sucks period.

The Vikes would take a MASSIVE cap hit to trade/cut him. Not likely. And he doesn't suck. Is he a top 3 QB? Hell no, but you can win with him, he proved it last year.
Originally posted by FL9er:

The Vikes would take a MASSIVE cap hit to trade/cut him. Not likely. And he doesn't suck. Is he a top 3 QB? Hell no, but you can win with him, he proved it last year.

Gregg Rosenthal over at NFL.com went over quarterbacks who could be on the move this offseason and speculated that Cousins could be on his way to San Francisco if the 49ers cut ties with Jimmy Garoppolo.

Cousins only has one year left of guaranteed money on his contract and would be easier to trade than Ryan. A deal would actually save the Vikings $11 million in cap space — while also opening up a huge quarterback conundrum. Shanahan's long-term love for Cousins makes the prospect of his relocation something more than idle speculation.

If this were to happen, the Vikings would almost certainly be drafting a quarterback early in the 2021 draft, or would be a possibility for someone like Carson Wentz or Sam Darnold.

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/23/nfl-com-speculates-kirk-cousins-could-be-on-the-move-this-offseason/

So both you and Gregg Rosenthal can't be right regarding cap space.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
https://www.nfl.com/news/debrief-previewing-movers-and-shakers-in-2021-qb-market

He calls Kirk Cousins a slightly less realistic, but intriguing trade target. He just signed an extension in March, and who would the Vikings replace him with? They won't pick high enough to draft his replacement in April.
Originally posted by FL9er:

Gregg Rosenthal over at NFL.com went over quarterbacks who could be on the move this offseason and speculated that Cousins could be on his way to San Francisco if the 49ers cut ties with Jimmy Garoppolo.

Cousins only has one year left of guaranteed money on his contract and would be easier to trade than Ryan. A deal would actually save the Vikings $11 million in cap space — while also opening up a huge quarterback conundrum. Shanahan's long-term love for Cousins makes the prospect of his relocation something more than idle speculation.

If this were to happen, the Vikings would almost certainly be drafting a quarterback early in the 2021 draft, or would be a possibility for someone like Carson Wentz or Sam Darnold.

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/23/nfl-com-speculates-kirk-cousins-could-be-on-the-move-this-offseason/

So both you and Gregg Rosenthal can't be right regarding cap space.

Kurt is ok.
Does Kyle seriously think he can win a SB with Cousins? I just don't understand it or see it, he'll be ok during the season when it doesn't matter but come the big moments I don't see it.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Please god no more veterans. Zach Wilson should be the only answer!!
cousins definitely upgrade over mullens and beathard. Will turn over fewer balls than Jimmy G too. But in the end he's not the answer either.I wouldn't go over 18m for him, for more than 2 years. We need a guy that can lkeep calm on the 2nd or third read and make an extra 1 - 1.5s sliding around the pocket like a smart person.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Please god no more veterans. Zach Wilson should be the only answer!!

I agree that I'd rather take a chance on a rookie. If you hit the jackpot then great. If not you cut him loose after a couple years. In either case you're saving a lot of cap space that can be used to fill other positions.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
cousins definitely upgrade over mullens and beathard. Will turn over fewer balls than Jimmy G too. But in the end he's not the answer either.I wouldn't go over 18m for him, for more than 2 years. We need a guy that can lkeep calm on the 2nd or third read and make an extra 1 - 1.5s sliding around the pocket like a smart person.

Do you really want a QB that is tied with 2nd most interceptions this season? Please no Kirk "pick-six" Cousins

1 Carson Wentz Philadelphia Eagles 15
2 Kirk Cousins Minnesota Vikings 13
2 Russell Wilson Seattle Seahawks 13
2 Drew Lock Denver Broncos 13

Do we really want this dumb dumb?
Share 49ersWebzone