There are 170 users in the forums

Aussies and Kiwis in the NFL

Shop 49ers game tickets
WTF?? May not qualify for fiji in RIO???? So disappointing , this stinks ,,,,,, along way ,,, Booked again to watch Texans 14th August ,, still going of course Hope to see some of the new blood play,, Can't wait
It stinks,,,, i can smell the s**te from here,,,, this was two weeks prior to him ending NFL..

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2016/5/video-ryan-girdler-tipped-jarryd-haynes-move-to-fiji-7s-two-weeks-

Some thing went wrong
  • Drift
  • Veteran
All a bit weird. Very strange, poor way for this story to end.

Makes me think someone broke faith with Hayne.
  • Drift
  • Veteran
Going full tinfoil hat mode: this has been engineered to get NFL into WADA.
This definitely seems like a case of jumping before being pushed, especially as JH was so adamant about making it in the NFL.

But that said, as an Australian 49er supporter I am rather happy that he has brought his NFL journey to an end, his story has to be one of the most overhyped in recent history, he never had anywhere near the impact that the Australian press made out and I'm looking forward to being regarded as a 49ers fan and not a Jarryd Hayne fan, which everyone seemed to label San Francisco's supporters down under.
[ Edited by RamshackleJoe on May 15, 2016 at 10:08 PM ]
I know the feeling Ramshakle,,, But i was & still am a Hayne fan too
Originally posted by RamshackleJoe:
This definitely seems like a case of jumping before being pushed, especially as JH was so adamant about making it in the NFL.

But that said, as an Australian 49er supporter I am rather happy that he has brought his NFL journey to an end, his story has to be one of the most overhyped in recent history, he never had anywhere near the impact that the Australian press made out and I'm looking forward to being regarded as a 49ers fan and not a Jarryd Hayne fan, which everyone seemed to label San Francisco's supporters down under.

You have the right mindset. We all get attached to certain players at times. It really is all about being a Niner fan in the end though. I hope most Australian fans who started to follow the 49ers because of Hayne will stick with us.
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Goatie:
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/us-sports/jarryd-haynes-manager-says-theres-no-plan-b-after-the-olympics-yet-20160516-govvzs.html

From the sound of this article Hayne and his management are saying Chip was happy with his progress and they are denying he jumped because the writing was on the wall. It does look like Taylor being picked in the draft has changed things.

I just can't believe Hayne would jump without having a go to shine in the pre-season.

It feels to me we are being sold a pup of the Rugby 7s in the Olympics. It has a whiff about it.

But if that is what he really decided well I note his Australian manage is Mr Beavis so that means Hayne must be Butthead

Something seems fishy to me also Goats
Will be interesting to see this unfold because I think there's a lot more to this story
  • Drift
  • Veteran
A couple of thoughts on the move to Sevens.

Sevens is a shorter, more intense game, so the difference in build and training required is not that big a jump up from the NFL.

Sevens has so much space its not funny. With Jarryd's ability to make people miss...

If all of the pieces fall into place, he could be absolutely devastating on the sevens field.
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9RVOLS:
Originally posted by RamshackleJoe:

You have the right mindset. We all get attached to certain players at times. It really is all about being a Niner fan in the end though. I hope most Australian fans who started to follow the 49ers because of Hayne will stick with us.

Some of the locals have been good hosts and that could be reason enough to hang around

• Drift
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JoNeo:
Some of the locals have been good hosts and that could be reason enough to hang around

Originally posted by Goatie:
Piss weak. He should have gone somewhere else instead of quitting NFL Glad he is out of this team.

Mate. I have to agree. Big let down. His statement just looks like a selfish money grab.
After all the comments about commitment. Either there is more to it or he was lying about chasing the dream.
Originally posted by CenCal9er:

Lol, what now?
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Yeah the Fiji Sevens seems like total Bull Sh..

Respect level is going on the decline unless the truth get out.
Share 49ersWebzone