LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

TRADED Rashard Robinson CB LSU - 4th Round pick - BYE RASHARD

Shop 49ers game tickets
seems like a kid who loves football and hated school to me. i think he'll be alright. he'll be hanging out with professionals now. we have guys like lynch and bowman who had issues in school and turned out to be consummate professionals. he'll be alright.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I hear he has long arms and substance abuse problems

No, you got that all wrong. He has a long, substance-abuse problem and arms.

...And by arms, I mean guns.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Apr 30, 2016 at 3:19 PM ]
I find it funny that people are bashing this pick when I still see daily complaints about not picking Marcus Peters or Dorial Green-Beckham in the FIRST ROUND. It was 4th round comp pick, who the hell cares? We got a guy with top tier talent at a pick where all of the obvious talents are gone. He's basically the Aaron Lynch of CBs. Great pick — low risk (non-tradable 4th rounder) for an elite reward. Jumped when we drafted him I was so happy
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
I hope this means that they plan on trading Brock and Reaser.

GMs are knocking Baalke's door down in anticipation as we speak.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
another classic TB draft -

it feels good when you sit and think about it....but it makes you critical of every moment of the season.

seems logical - lacks confidence and boldness.
Originally posted by Crown:

it feels good when you sit and think about it....but it makes you critical of every moment of the season.

Trading up for Garnett wasn't bold? Taking two boom-bust CBs in the 3rd and 4th rounds lacks confidence? Come on, I think this is possibly Trent's most inspired and booming draft yet!
  • titan
  • Veteran
Ehhh! Can't get on the field at LSU? Got drafted because of potential. Let's hope for the best, but the chicken leg looks like a troubled bust to me.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:

Trading up for Garnett wasn't bold? Taking two boom-bust CBs in the 3rd and 4th rounds lacks confidence? Come on, I think this is possibly Trent's most inspired and booming draft yet!

while i can see your perspective i would push back and say that the middle rounds were ripe with gambles/wishes - Boldness would be solid picks with less risk/reward such as the Utah RB etc.

i am a realist...takes 2-3 years to even discuss the draft.
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:

while i can see your perspective i would push back and say that the middle rounds were ripe with gambles/wishes - Boldness would be solid picks with less risk/reward such as the Utah RB etc.

i am a realist...takes 2-3 years to even discuss the draft.

I disagree. What was he, a 5th rounder. Could definitely be good (Ajayi was a 5th rounder), but it says something no one else was bold enough to draft him before then. I'd say those gambles were bold.
He needs to hang out with Eli Harold's pharmacist..... I mean trainer.

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
seems like a kid who loves football and hated school to me. i think he'll be alright. he'll be hanging out with professionals now. we have guys like lynch and bowman who had issues in school and turned out to be consummate professionals. he'll be alright.

Pretty much. Even though that's no excuse to get in trouble with the law.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
The question we need to answer is, Why would Baalke draft a CB that would replace Acker??
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
He needs to hang out with Eli Harold's pharmacist..... I mean trainer.

Yeah they can tren, I mean train really hard together.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
The question we need to answer is, Why would Baalke draft a CB that would replace Acker??

Added competition puts some heat on Reaser as well.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
You can't have all choir boys on the defense. Need some aggressiveness with a mean streak
Share 49ersWebzone