LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

DeForest Buckner Traded to the Colts

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Niners99:
I declare here and now that the dominance of Buckner shall be forever be known as Deforestation! Sack the QB? DEFORESTATION! Tackle a RB? DEFORESTATION! Bat down a ball? DEFORESTATION!

Thats why hes "The Lumberjack".

Do they call him that?

I just declared it.
Solid pick
Originally posted by Niners816:
Originally posted by philosoraptor:

Wait you can have more than one dlinemen?....

It's not the point with that dude....if we woulda went Conklin, he woulda been like "how do you pass up a potential freakish DL for a T". Nothing but a s**t-starter.

Exactly!
Drop the mic
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Very nice.
Defensive End Specific TraitsPASS RUSH SKILLS: 2Adequate first step quickness and snap anticipation for his size, but he's not going to win many battles with pure speed. Has long arms (34 3/8") and massive/heavy hands (11 3/4"). Doesn't have great torso flexibility, but he shows the ability to dip his pads and work through contact at the top of his rush. He's very effective converting speed to power when coming off with proper leverage. Flashes explosive upper body power to jar blockers and push the pocket. Improved his counter punch and became more of a finisher in 2015. Average-to-slightly above average closing burst. Does a nice job of utilizing height and length to get hands up in throwing lanes.
VERSUS THE RUN: 1Area of strength. Very good skills at the point of attack. Thick and long frame with excellent core strength. Massive and heavy hands (11 ¾') that have some shock to them. He utilizes his length well to stack blockers, create separation and find the ball. Active hand fighter in a phone booth and does a nice job of shedding, redirecting and finishing. Will play high at times and can get into trouble with down blocks. Redirects well and shows adequate lateral agility and range.
VERSATILITY: 1Has the ability to line up in multiple positions along the defensive line. Ideal fit is as a 5-technique for a base 3-4 scheme. But he also possesses enough quickness and agility to line up as a LDE in 4-3 defense. Has experience reducing inside as a 3-technique, particularly on heavy pass rushing downs.
INSTINCTS/MOTOR: 2Has a tone-setter mentality to his game. Displays a physical and aggressive demeanor on tape. Shows good fight at the point of attack and is willing to mix it up. Will chase in pursuit. Made a handful of second effort plays on tape. But he will tire if left on the field for a long string of consecutive plays.
Hope he wears #99 and makes us forget about Aldon.
DeForest Buckner, a potential Top 5 pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, is the freak you thought he might be. At 6-foot-7, 291 pounds, the former Oregon defensive end is one of the most imposing defenders in the draft, and his hand just measured at 11 3/4 inches.

That's tied for the largest hand-measurement in Combine history.

A standard sheet of paper is 11.75 inches tall. So if you put a piece of paper down – and maybe this will happen, and catch fire on social media – Buckner's hand is that large.
Originally posted by boast:
The Twin Towers

add Dial into the mix and you have 3 towers
Unhh... CBS and NFL.com, I believe rated AA 2nd best pick in the 2015 draft. Now he has deForest just down the line from him. Look out. This is a great pick, made even better and causing great incr of production in AA. Superb pick., Awesome, and without moving up. Yes...
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Apr 28, 2016 at 7:04 PM ]

Rebuilding...one position group at a time. Baalke is going to rebuild the DL and OL first. Just like who we were before.

Next pick will be an OL.
  • Jiks
Strengths moving forward
DL
TE
WR

Weaknesses
Rest of the team
I declare here and now that the dominance of Buckner shall be forever be known as Deforestation! Sack the QB? DEFORESTATION! Tackle a RB? DEFORESTATION! Bat down a ball? DEFORESTATION!

Thats why hes "The Lumberjack".

Do they call him that?

I just declared it.

F*ckin A! "The Lumberjack with Deforestation!"

Been on it since the pick!
OurLads had Buckner as the highest rated player in the draft.
Share 49ersWebzone