There are 196 users in the forums

Trade Proposal Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets

Trade Proposal Thread

Use this thread to discuss any trade proposal ideas
[ Edited by 4everFaithful on Mar 26, 2016 at 2:46 AM ]
LOL, the Browns aren't trading the #2 pick for Kaepernick and the #7. If they wanted to trade down they could get a heck of a lot more back in return.
They won't trade Kaepernick for their 3rd round pick unless he agrees to restructure his deal. The difference between the #2 pick and the #7 pick is a lot greater than the value of their early 3rd round pick. There's a decent chance either Goff or Bosa will make it to 7 if that's the target. If we were really high on Jalen Ramsey, we'd need the #2 pick.

Trading up to #2 to draft Bosa just makes no sense. He's worth more to teams running a 4-3. If he's there at 7, there's a decent chance we'll trade the pick to a team that can better utilize him.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
They won't trade Kaepernick for their 3rd round pick unless he agrees to restructure his deal. The difference between the #2 pick and the #7 pick is a lot greater than the value of their early 3rd round pick. There's a decent chance either Goff or Bosa will make it to 7 if that's the target. If we were really high on Jalen Ramsey, we'd need the #2 pick.

Trading up to #2 to draft Bosa just makes no sense. He's worth more to teams running a 4-3. If he's there at 7, there's a decent chance we'll trade the pick to a team that can better utilize him.

This. We would have to give up 7, 37, 69, Kap and a 2nd or 3rd next year.
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

This. We would have to give up 7, 37, 69, Kap and a 2nd or 3rd next year.

You dont want Gordon?
If we some how got the #2 and picked Goff I'd be so pisst
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
You dont want Gordon?

I would take Gordon. We would have to give up a ton just to get to #2 from 7 though and it's not worth it. Gordon and Kap essentially cancel each other out.
You dont want Gordon?

I would take Gordon. We would have to give up a ton just to get to #2 from 7 though and it's not worth it. Gordon and Kap essentially cancel each other out.

What would u be willing to give up? our 1st and 2nd?
[ Edited by 4everFaithful on Mar 11, 2016 at 10:21 PM ]
No. I don't want to trade up in a draft tailor fitted to our needs. We need a QB and nobody around us at all is going to take one. Why trade our QB for value we don't even need and would just be wasted? Would make things harder to trade out to if the draft goes just right and we want even more added value for our pick. Not to mention the contract for Goff would just be more expensive. Gordon is a big concern, he doesn't love football in his prime quite enough to cherish it, so trading for him would be a risk and more lost value.

If we trade him we need value where we can actually use it, not to move up for someone we can get by staying put and we certianly don't wanna make it more expensive for ourselves either.

Here are some things to chew on....

So many important details that go into this possible trade. I thought I'd share some.

I truly feel the 49ers hold ALL the cards and can absolutely drag this out as long as they wish.. All the way up until the draft, after the draft, and right into preseason if that's what it takes to get top value. With slight lean towards trading before the draft if possible.

The 49ers have the cap space to leave the door open to keeping Kaepernick and also drafting a QB at #7 if they should choose to go that route, which would be smart. Kaepernick could start until the rookie is ready to go, or if the rookie is ready to go by week 3 in preseason we simply keep Kaepernick as a back up until we are ready to accept an offer that will inevitably come before November. Mostly due to other teams injury issues or performance issues but there are simply not enough QB's to go around. Supply and Demand and since we hold the #7 pick with no teams between 3-6 or 8-31 really needing a quarterback.... Well, you get the picture.

The ONLY teams that would take a QB in the first would be N.O at #12, L.A at #15, BUF at #19, NYJ at #20, and of course DEN at #31. That's 5 teams that need QB's with only TWO top candidates likely to come in and manage or possibly dominate right away. There are only FOUR total 1st round QB's. Now out of those four, how many will likely be good enough to start right away and manage or dominate? Two, maybe three? Four if teams get absolutely lucky this year. Which let's face it all four 1st round QB's are not going to succeed, or be good enough to start or even manage. So let's count on 3 making it as starters right away. That still leaves 2 teams needing QB's. Fitz and Kaep remain the best 2 options because the teams that need QB's still don't have one to improve the free agent market upon releasing him.

Wentz is gone at #2, Goff is gone at #7, Paxton and Cook are gone by #12, #15, #19, or #20. The Broncos would be gambling HUGE and the odds would be slim.

To move up for a Top Prospect QUARTERBACK (with a hungry team looking to trade out of the #3-6 spot) would take N.O's #12 and their #47 OVR (2nd rd) just to break even... Then the team trading out is gonna want compensation for that valuable spot, the fact that it's for a QB, and the favor itself. So prepare to be asked for the 3rd rounder as well, maybe a 4th... MAYBE. All to move up to #6 or better from #12? Highly doubtful. Every other team interested would need to offer so much more that it's not at all likely to happen. The Broncos in particular who sit at #31 overall.

The Broncos COULD attempt to take this to the draft...
Problem here is that they have absolutely zero fire power in this years draft. The 31st pick in the 1st round isn't worth much and neither is the 63rd pick overall in the 2nd round. They're basically looked at as an early 2nd/early 3rd in most if not all war rooms. So moving up from #31 to #6 is not even realistic, and moving from #31 to #18 is going to take their #31 + #63 and that's not even for a top QB prospect! Just a 2nd tier QB who likely is not Paxton but Cook. Paxton might be gone by #12 or #15 or a trade up by another team, so Broncos would be looking at Cook best case scenario.

If I'm Trent Baalke I am telling Elway I want his 31st overall and his 63rd overall and no less for Kaepernick. Otherwise you can take your chances with RG3 for an ENTIRE SEASON of health and production, lose some top tier players in a couple years when you sign Fitz to a big deal for an average QB, or have fun getting a NON top 10/top QB prospect in the draft for the same amount. Please don't forget you will be asking a rookie to come in right away and play average, slightly above average or well. Please also don't forget that this is not a top prospect at his position we are talking about.

Elway, Trent and myself know John can't afford to sign a guy like Fitz to a big deal at $15mil - $18mil per season for 2-4 years. The second his hand hits the paper to write his signature, he sacrifices members of his defense in the very near future and the ability to sign them. One or two top tier players.

Fitz knows he can wait them out... The 49ers know they can wait them out... It's all up to the Broncos who screwed themselves big here. They're stuck and they have no choice really but to pay up and give the 49ers those draft picks. Unless they wanna sign Fitz and let go of a top player next year or the year after because of it.

Your other option is RG3 and one I do not recommend considering. Anything above $5-8mil for him is too much for what I've seen from that man and frankly I wouldn't even offer a contract to RG3. If I had to I would offer something small to prove himself like Alex Smith had to with Harbaugh...(1-2yrs/$3-5mil per season). Kaep is solid on a playoff caliber team. That's been proven. RG3 could barely play above average for one season on a 2 year playoff team. Not to mention RG3 comes with issues.

This all leaves the Broncos with TWO really simple choices...

1.) Pay up in Draft Picks
----- OR -----
2.) Pay up in Cap Space

Oh and last but certainly not least, Brock Osweiler not only screwed the Broncos by not signing with them (for benching him in favor of Manning) but he has actually hurt them by signing such a large contract and leaving only ONE other passing QB left to sign on the free agent market (Fitz...Kaep being the still very good/acceptable option for the Broncos for much cheaper). This in turn drove the price and demands even further up when it comes to Fitz and his agent signing with the Broncos. lol
[ Edited by MrMrMEanerMister on Mar 11, 2016 at 11:12 PM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Hell ya, but that will never happen though because Kap just doesn't have the value.

I think you play Madden too much
Great writeup Mr Meaner
Broncos can stay put at 31 and draft Cook and probably even have a chance at Lynch. They will not give up their 1st and 2nd for Kap

All of the top talent in this draft is on the defensive side of the ball which that plus Lynch's underwhelming performance at the combine and 2nd half of the season will drop his stock even more. He doesn't fit the Saints nor the Rams offense and they would be reaching to take him at 12 or 15.

49ers have the leverage for Kap but I think the best we will get is either Denver's 2nd or the Browns 3rd.
You dont want Gordon?

What would u be willing to give up? our 1st and 2nd?

Absolutely not! We stay put. None of them (Goff or Wentz) are can't miss prospects. And we have a ton of holes to fill in a draft that is perfect for our needs. If Goff or Wentz are there at 7, pull the trigger, if not, that is two defensive studs that are there instead with Cook an option in round 2 or 3 or Prescott an option in round 3.

No matter what, all of those QBs will need time to develop, especially Wentz, Cook and Prescott and that's on Chip
  • fly15
  • Veteran
block idea
Share 49ersWebzone