Trumaine Johnson cb

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
I know some peeps are against bringing him in, but I'm down

I'll take Johnson and spoon all day

How much you willing to spend for him?

I could see something similar to what Janoris Jenkins got...5 yrs $62 around $13 million a yr. He would never play out that contract, so it wouldn't be as bad as people would think. I like the numbers of Dre Kirkpatrick's deal ( 5 yrs $52 million).

If they want him, they will pay for it and I'm fine with that...gotta use that cash and as long as Paraag is making that contract we will be good to go

That would be cool and yeah Paraag is the man when it comes to contracts no denying that
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
How much you willing to spend for him?

What ever he thinks is fair, not what he desires.

Pretty sure what he thinks is fair will be making him one of the highest paid in the NFL.

Well you can't deny that he is a very good CB in the NFL and prices will be going up so I would think he gets paid like a top 10 CB. I would assume his contract will be between Stephon Gilmore's and Janoris Jenkins figures at about $60-$65 million. That would put him at either the 6th or 7th highest paid.

I'd be down with that! We see I guess cause going have a market for him guaranteed
Down to pay him would be a huge upgrade, and knows the division already.
Would you guys rather have Johnson or Fuller? We have to take a stab at both, IMO.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Would you guys rather have Johnson or Fuller? We have to take a stab at both, IMO.

Fuller because of youth.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Johnson, all day. Fuller has been inconsistent in the past and benched. You sign Fuller to a contract good chance he goes back to his old ways. But I do believe Fuller will be cheaper. Still I would rather go T. Johnson.
Well, with Peters going to the Rams, you can all bet we're all in on Johnson.
[ Edited by NCommand on Feb 23, 2018 at 10:45 AM ]
Come on over to the bay!
Originally posted by NCommand:

I'll take Johnson and keep my draft picks

Exactly. We win again.

Originally posted by AmpLee:
Both CBs were in a contract year last year. Fuller balled out, Johnson was average. Fuller is younger and the better tape from last season. He is the pick for me.

I believe what Phillips ran this yr isn't what we'd be asking Johnson to do in our scheme.

Exactly what I was thinking.

This.. i'd rather get Johnson and keep the picks. Who knows, maybe they we're going after Peters, but the Chiefs were asking for too much. Maybe we even have a wink wink from one of the agents of one the top FA cornerbacks saying they want to sign with us. I know speculation on my part lol.

All i know is Peters could be good for the Rams or it can all blow up in their face.. lets hope its the latter.
[ Edited by Ninerblood on Feb 23, 2018 at 11:21 AM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

Would imagine either him or Butler are locks to be a Niner.

Niners were a finalist for Peters knowing the comp would be substantial. They're all-in on improving at CB. In full win now mode.
Can we just sign him, Fuller, Sammy Watkins and a guard (assuming miss out on ansah)?
[ Edited by Mertonschickendance on Feb 23, 2018 at 11:30 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone