LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

Trumaine Johnson cb

Shop 49ers game tickets
This guy had some help with the Rams pass rush however he had seven interceptions and 17 passes deflected last year. He is 6 foot two 210 pounds almost identical to DJ except DJ runs a 4.40 yard dash and Jermaine runs a 4.6. He has 15 interceptions so far in his career that is pretty damn good. I want this cornerback and I hope our general manager and Chip Kelly covets the length of this cornerback and we could have two starters in Johnson and Johnson. Both very good cbs. I think it would take 6 million per year to sign him because he is still under the radar a bit but he Easley has potential to be a top 10 CB.

What do you guys think? We definitely need an upgrade at the spot and we would look like a poor man's Seattle Seahawks when they had Sherman and Browner.
I would like to land him good player feel like he's a little overrated tho
Great size, fiery and physical. But won't matter unless we significantly upgrade our pass rush
[ Edited by Sims19849ers on Feb 7, 2016 at 2:17 PM ]
Originally posted by elguapo:
This guy had some help with the Rams pass rush however he had seven interceptions and 17 passes deflected last year. He is 6 foot two 210 pounds almost identical to DJ except DJ runs a 4.40 yard dash and Jermaine runs a 4.6. He has 15 interceptions so far in his career that is pretty damn good. I want this cornerback and I hope our general manager and Chip Kelly covets the length of this cornerback and we could have two starters in Johnson and Johnson. Both very good cbs. I think it would take 6 million per year to sign him because he is still under the radar a bit but he Easley has potential to be a top 10 CB.

What do you guys think? We definitely need an upgrade at the spot and we would look like a poor man's Seattle Seahawks when they had Sherman and Browner.

with a large bump in cap and his playing a premium position I think $6 million a year is not going to come close to doing it for Johnson...he is from Stockton though so maybe there will a hometown discount
Maybe close to what cully got at 8 mil. He is a playmaker and although we need a pass rusher, he is still a solid CB in his own right and would be a great pickup. I really like DJ and tj. Like duke and duke from trading places, I want Johnson and Johnson
Would like to see 49ers pick him up if it was for a reasonable price
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Wasn't this guy tagged??
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Wasn't this guy tagged??

yup Jenkins is gonna hit FA and he's gonna want a lot of dough...I read he turned down 5 yr $45 million

I'd rather give Smith cash or bring in Robinson at a much much cheaper deal (something like Brock got).
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
I like him a lot but that pass rush obviously helped him out tremendously. Not worth 14 or so mil but he will probably get it from a team. I hope we get this guy even though we will overpay by 3-4 mil and probably a third rounder. s**t.

• jcs
  • Veteran
I like him a lot but that pass rush obviously helped him out tremendously. Not worth 14 or so mil but he will probably get it from a team. I hope we get this guy even though we will overpay by 3-4 mil and probably a third rounder. s**t.

Unless you are a CB away from competing in the playoff he should be off the board, especially when you consider how deep and talented this DB draft class is turning out.
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Great size, fiery and physical. But won't matter unless we significantly upgrade our pass rush

This - for sure
Originally posted by jcs:
Unless you are a CB away from competing in the playoff he should be off the board, especially when you consider how deep and talented this DB draft class is turning out.

True but no guarantee a draft pick is going to pan out no matter how talented he may be in college. We have a s**t load of cap space and in a passing league this would help the defense immensely
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:

True but no guarantee a draft pick is going to pan out no matter how talented he may be in college. We have a s**t load of cap space and in a passing league this would help the defense immensely

We're also knee deep in young DB's...the only thing it seems Baalke ever really drafted.
I do think we can wait bc Robinson is going to be good to great
Share 49ersWebzone