LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 169 users in the forums

What's the most upset you've gotten over an NFL game not involving the 49ers?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Came up with this topic since I just rewatched highlights for the Packers vs. Seahawks NFC Championship (guess I'm so pumped for SB Sunday that I'm rewatching plenty of history late into the eve). I remember watching that game live, and never before have I wanted another team besides the 49ers to win so badly. I was so tired of the Seattle bandwagon and everyone in the media hyping them up as the next "dynasty." Green Bay had every chance in the world to expose them for the frauds that they were and absolutely choked. Choked harder than we did from 2011 to 2013, if that's even possible. I have never seen a team dominate so much for 55 minutes of the game and still find a way to lose. The following week, I was having nightmares about it and the 49ers weren't even a part of the game!

Thank goodness Seattle blew the Super Bowl two weeks later. I'd still be struggling to get over the 2015 NFC Championships if they had won it all again.
That Super Bowl loss was just so heartbreaking for them, especially because Willow believed God had picked them to win it all. I saw an interview where Pete said he would wake up in the middle of the night crying.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
That Super Bowl loss was just so heartbreaking for them, especially because Willow believed God had picked them to win it all. I saw an interview where Pete said he would wake up in the middle of the night crying.

Link?
Originally posted by cortez96:

Link?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000469154/article/pete-carroll-admits-he-cried-after-super-bowl-loss
  • Stud
Seattle-Green Bay last year. That was the final f-----g straw. I've never seen a team with so much luck. Green Bay had the game sealed. How the hell do you let that happen?

Also, this years Bengals-Steelers playoff game. How the Bengals, who haven't won a playff game in 25 years, lose a game when they have the ball with 1:30 left on the clock. Unreal. Talk about a cursed franchise.
The Heidi Bowl.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Originally posted by cortez96:

Link?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000469154/article/pete-carroll-admits-he-cried-after-super-bowl-loss

Haha f**king baby. Prolly will have night terrors for the rest of his life. Just run the ball agahah.
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Haha
Everytime the Raiders win.
  • KP82
Some young folk in this thread.

SB 30. I hope Neil Odonnel can admit the fix and payment he received for his 2 gifts to Larry brown. Seeing Deion, Switzer and jones get another trophy sucked.
Originally posted by KP82:
Some young folk in this thread.

What would your choice be?
the 2009 NFCCG, Saints vs Vikings ....the f**king Saints got a gift wrapped W, with the refs missing the high-low tackle on Favre, among other penalties they conveniently missed? ..plus when the Vikes fought back to get in FG Range , the refs were quick to call a 12 men on the field penalty to kill that drive, forcing the Vikes into a 3rd and long to get back in FG Range ...it just had a feel to the game that the league was pushing for the Saints to make the Super Bowl ...just my 2 cents
SBXII - (I wanted to see a perfect season so bad & I wanted Moss to get a ring... Strahan getting his though, eased some of the disappointment)

&

SBXXXIX - (I wanted to see the long suffering Philly fans win a title... Also badly wanted T.O. & Brian Dawkins to get a ring)

Bills not winning at least one championship from their four trips to the SB was a shame as well.
[ Edited by SportOvaFilmTV on Feb 11, 2016 at 11:32 AM ]
  • Homer
  • Veteran
Seahawks crushing the Broncos in the SB for me. They pretty much killed us and our run, and destroyed my favorite non 9er a couple weeks later. Gave them their ring. Even though I knew Seattle was gonna win, it just hurt. Like being kicked while down.
Share 49ersWebzone