There are 143 users in the forums

Non-49er Cuts

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
All very true. Im just horribly worried about our WR core this season.

Hopefully some guys can step up and can become long time contributors for this team. Its going to be a bunch of guys that are largely unknown quantities, if a couple step up, that means the need at the position becomes less dire.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 30, 2016 at 10:21 AM ]
At what point is Randle gonna get his head out of his a$$? the dude just got let go TWICE. I feel like the next team that signs him is gonna get a more determined Randle trying to change his character for the better.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
I'd definitely take James Jones over Randle.
Originally posted by Dino:

I just saw he was released... This.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
All very true. Im just horribly worried about our WR core this season.

Hopefully some guys can step up and can become long time contributors for this team. Its going to be a bunch of guys that are largely unknown quantities, if a couple step up, that means the need at the position becomes less dire.

Fingers crossed, but its definitely the weakest spot on the roster.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
Rueben Randle - Eagles

we should really give him a look.

Clarification: He's not a Chip guy, but thrived with Eli in NY so there's still the QB ???'s in SF to consider and if he can put up similar numbers from '14-'15 here

I find it so crazy that this guy is on 25..feels like hes been in the league 10 yrs lol

I was thinking so too. I must be thinking of John Randle
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Louis Nix III was cut. He was one of my favourite players in that draft based on where he went. If he gets healthy, I hope the Niners sign him. Dude can play.

Totally not surprised David Yankey was cut though. Always thought he was useless.

1 for 2 on those guys.

Is Nix a NT ??, if so, im for it!

I don't know what happened to Nix. This was posted in 2015.

I found it funny that tv experts and analysts labeled him as a top 3 pick coming out of Notre Dame. I VEHEMENTLY disagreed with their analysis and said that he was a 3rd round talent at best. He was good stuffing the run but he didn't show any pass rushing skills whatsoever. Is he even playing now?

And since we're on topic with Notre Dame, I think QB Deshone Kizer is a name to look for in the 2018-2019 drafts. I have a good feeling about him. But again, I said the same thing with Quinn and Clausen.
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Aug 30, 2016 at 11:54 AM ]
Mettenberger was waived by the chargers. He can help with the gameplan for thursday's pre-season game . . .
Originally posted by Dino:

I was hoping the 9ers would bring James Jones in. I doubt it'll happen though since we're a "draft and develop" team now.
Terrance Knighten was released by the pats. Cut purcel and sign him as our NT.

Originally posted by Sourball:
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
Rueben Randle - Eagles

we should really give him a look.

Clarification: He's not a Chip guy, but thrived with Eli in NY so there's still the QB ???'s in SF to consider and if he can put up similar numbers from '14-'15 here

I find it so crazy that this guy is on 25..feels like hes been in the league 10 yrs lol

I was thinking so too. I must be thinking of John Randle

That pic of Randle just looks like he just ran the wrong route.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Louis Nix III was cut. He was one of my favourite players in that draft based on where he went. If he gets healthy, I hope the Niners sign him. Dude can play.

Totally not surprised David Yankey was cut though. Always thought he was useless.

1 for 2 on those guys.

Is Nix a NT ??, if so, im for it!

I don't know what happened to Nix. This was posted in 2015.

I found it funny that tv experts and analysts labeled him as a top 3 pick coming out of Notre Dame. I VEHEMENTLY disagreed with their analysis and said that he was a 3rd round talent at best. He was good stuffing the run but he didn't show any pass rushing skills whatsoever. Is he even playing now?

And since we're on topic with Notre Dame, I think QB Deshone Kizer is a name to look for in the 2018-2019 drafts. I have a good feeling about him. But again, I said the same thing with Quinn and Clausen.

Nix wasn't drafted in the 3rd round because he wasn't talented - he fell to the 3rd round because he had serious knee concerns which continued after he was drafted. He was talked about as a top 15 pick (not a top 3 pick anywhere I followed), but that was without knowing everything that team doctors discovered when they looked at his knee. You were wrong if you thought he was a 3rd round talent based on his performance on the field. He had a 2nd knee surgery in the off-season before his first NFL season and a 3rd one in September 2014. He's currently on a 1 year deal with the Giants and will probably never be the player he was at Notre Dame because of all the knee surgeries.

Kizer is a junior, so he could go pro after this year (2017 draft) if he wins the starting job and plays well.
The Broncos cut their P Colquitt to save $3M in salary. Would he be an upgrade over Pinion? I wonder if he can placehold and/or do kickoffs.
[ Edited by SoCal9er on Aug 31, 2016 at 10:44 PM ]
Just to put it in perspective:

lol rams

jesus christ
Just to put it in perspective:

lol rams

Austin has Case Keenum as his QB. That money should have been saved for Gurley's next contract.
Share 49erswebzone