Tickets Find deals on 49ers games ⇨
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by NIMV4683:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by DASeiler49:

He's better interior lineman than Garnett also can play both guard and center spots.

Would love this move.

I bet he's a Patriot by this time tomm

It only means 49ers let him pass of waivers which only makes me boil in anger thinking about how blindly stupid are on front office and coaching staff

He's not subject to waivers and can sign with whoever he wants.

Well if they don't have a chance on Wisniewski then THEY MUST PICK BARS ASAP!!!

PLEASE pick up Bars. Holy s**t.

Dude doesn't even have a Wiki page and y'all are worshipping him
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

He's better interior lineman than Garnett also can play both guard and center spots.

Would love this move.

It only means 49ers let him pass of waivers which only makes me boil in anger thinking about how blindly stupid are on front office and coaching staff

Bars can play guard and tackle and is super cheap. Bears are trying to sneak him onto their practice squad. We need interior OL help badly. Sign him and cut Kaden Smith or Toilolo. Don't need 4 damn TE's and FB who can play TE.
I have zero expectations for waivers. Exercise in futility. Whoever they pick up, I'm sure half the site will be disappointed. Possibly another Big End defensive tackle.
[ Edited by Ensatsu on Aug 31, 2019 at 6:11 PM ]

Would love this move.

Bars can play guard and tackle and is super cheap. Bears are trying to sneak him onto their practice squad. We need interior OL help badly. Sign him and cut Kaden Smith or Toilolo. Don't need 4 damn TE's and FB who can play TE.

Dude doesn't need a Wiki because look on article about his performance, shows clearly is a player who can become just as good as starter and eventually be a future Pro-Bowler:

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/if-thursday-nights-preseason-game-was-alex-bars-final-exam-he-passed-flying-colors
It was just a few weeks ago that Bars, an undrafted free agent out of Notre Dame, found himself in the middle of a roster spot battle, and one at a position he doesn't even play. As serious injuries to TJ Clemmings and Rashaad Coward left Chicago dangerously thin at offensive tackle, the Bears gave Bars – who they brought in as a guard – a chance to instead run away with the swing tackle role.

Not only were they looking to see how he'd handle playing on the exterior, but the move gave the Bears a chance to see how Bars would handle changing positions on the fly – a valuable commodity for any NFL lineman.
"It's part of the game, injuries happen," Bars said after the Bears' 15-19 loss to the Tennessee Titans. "I need to be ready to play every position on the line. So yeah, I knew that if I'd be put out there, I could play there, and it'd be fine."
Bars played well on Thursday night, with the only blemish against him being a holding call in the second half. Great protection is obviously never an individual accomplishment, but it certainly doesn't hurt to see a QB throw for over 300 yards and only get sacked once with an out-of-position undrafted rookie protecting his blindside.

https://sports.yahoo.com/could-alex-bars-solve-bears-151618138.html
Three years ago, Harry Hiestand needed Alex Bars to play tackle. The then-Notre Dame offensive line coach had a hole to fill after Ronnie Stanley left for the NFL, and with Mike McGlinchey locked in to one starting gig, Hiestand hoped his former four-star recruit could succeed as a right tackle.

"I think for what we need for our team, he definitely needs to play tackle," Hiestand said at the time. "We need another guy that can play tackle so he's being pushed in that role right now. … But he's a very good guard, too. He's a very flexible guy."
[ Edited by NIMV4683 on Aug 31, 2019 at 6:22 PM ]
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
I have zero expectations for waivers. Exercise in futility. Whoever they pick up, I'm sure half the site will be disappointed. Possibly another Big End defensive tackle.

Same. Doubt the FO does anything. But we'll see.

Would love this move.

Dude doesn't need a Wiki because look on article about his performance, shows clearly is a player who can become just as good as starter and eventually be a future Pro-Bowler:

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/if-thursday-nights-preseason-game-was-alex-bars-final-exam-he-passed-flying-colors
It was just a few weeks ago that Bars, an undrafted free agent out of Notre Dame, found himself in the middle of a roster spot battle, and one at a position he doesn't even play. As serious injuries to TJ Clemmings and Rashaad Coward left Chicago dangerously thin at offensive tackle, the Bears gave Bars – who they brought in as a guard – a chance to instead run away with the swing tackle role.

Not only were they looking to see how he'd handle playing on the exterior, but the move gave the Bears a chance to see how Bars would handle changing positions on the fly – a valuable commodity for any NFL lineman.
"It's part of the game, injuries happen," Bars said after the Bears' 15-19 loss to the Tennessee Titans. "I need to be ready to play every position on the line. So yeah, I knew that if I'd be put out there, I could play there, and it'd be fine."
Bars played well on Thursday night, with the only blemish against him being a holding call in the second half. Great protection is obviously never an individual accomplishment, but it certainly doesn't hurt to see a QB throw for over 300 yards and only get sacked once with an out-of-position undrafted rookie protecting his blindside.

https://sports.yahoo.com/could-alex-bars-solve-bears-151618138.html
Three years ago, Harry Hiestand needed Alex Bars to play tackle. The then-Notre Dame offensive line coach had a hole to fill after Ronnie Stanley left for the NFL, and with Mike McGlinchey locked in to one starting gig, Hiestand hoped his former four-star recruit could succeed as a right tackle.

"I think for what we need for our team, he definitely needs to play tackle," Hiestand said at the time. "We need another guy that can play tackle so he's being pushed in that role right now. … But he's a very good guard, too. He's a very flexible guy."

No wiki doe! Lol
Definitely would like Bars. Put Smith on the PS.

On another note, he is a nice prospect, but let's be realistic. He was an UDFA and was cut after his first training camp.

Would love this move.

Take either of the 2 for the love of f**k!!!!!!
Originally posted by NCommand:

It was nice to have zero expectations, since they ended up doing nothing
Originally posted by NCommand:

Please get this guy and drop a te. Toilolo will be available after we cut him. Show us that your serious about the interior ol and protecting our damn qb!!!! Enough of this not addressing the OL

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Definitely would like Bars. Put Smith on the PS.

On another note, he is a nice prospect, but let's be realistic. He was an UDFA and was cut after his first training camp.

This. People fall in love with guys because of who they were in college. The reality is that Bars had SEVERE injury issues that apparently he's still struggling to fully come back from. He cleared waivers so clearly no other team saw him as worthy of a roster spot either despite the many teams badly needing OL help.

Webzone:"Why do the 49ers keep bringing in these injury prone players???"

Also the Webzone:"Why the heck didn't the 49ers bring in this injury prone lineman?"

Share 49erswebzone