LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 180 users in the forums

Update on Marcus lattimore

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
most teams had this dude completely removed from their draft boards but our idiot GM takes him in the 4th. Probably could have had him in the 7th or even as an undrafted free agent. You dont gamble with a 4th round pick on a guy who's knee was pointing the other way.

Originally posted by susweel:
most teams had this dude completely removed from their draft boards but our idiot GM takes him in the 4th. Probably could have had him in the 7th or even as an undrafted free agent. You dont gamble with a 4th round pick on a guy who's knee was pointing the other way.

• boast
  • Hella Fame
susweel is the type of dude who would've passed on Frank Gore.
Who could have we gotten instead of Lattimore in the 4th round?
[ Edited by Eli_23 on Jul 9, 2015 at 12:28 PM ]
Originally posted by English:

hey there have been worse, like a paralyzed player

http://www.bucsnation.com/2012/5/2/2993549/eric-legrand-paralyzed-rutgers-player-signed-by-tampa-bay-buccaneers
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Eli_23:

anyone who actually played a down in the NFL would have been a better pick.
Originally posted by boast:
susweel is the type of dude who would've passed on Frank Gore.

sus would have taken Cedric Benson #1 overall
After the team drafted Gore, coming off of serious injuries to both his knees, and he turned out to be the all time franchise leading rusher, why would anyone question Baalke taking a chance on Lattimore? Come on.
Originally posted by Eli_23:
These are the players selected after our Lattimore selection

Devin Taylor
Levine Toilolo
Sanders Commings
Denard Robinson
Earl Wolff
Jesse Williams
Tharold Simon
Montori Hughes
Stepfan Taylor
Oday Aboushi
Lavar Edwards
Jonathan Meeks
Kenny Stills
Steve Williams
Quanterus Smith
Steven Means
A. J. Klein
Brandon McGee
Terry Hawthorne
Joseph Randle
Cooper Taylor
Stansly Maponga
Chris Thompson
Jeff Locke
Tanner Hawkinson
  • evil
  • Veteran

MOST ? Do you even have a source that proves most teams did that ?

Knee pointing the other way ? Were you privvy to his medical check and re check ? Did you speak with any doctors on this matter ?

Your use of probably could have got him in the 7th in this case is just BS for "maybe but I don't really know what other teams were thinking so I'll throw s**t at the wall and hope it stirs the pot".

I'd venture to bet you never even watched a SC game when he was in college. We had 13 picks, spending a 4th round flyer on guy who was pre injury arguably the best RB in college football was worthy of a risk given the advances in medicine and the ability to help players come back from such serious injuries. Gore and McGahee overcame very serious injuries...you win some you lose some but if you don't play the game you cannot win.

Reality is, you have no clue as to whether he was worth a risk or not, you just wanna be Captain Hindsight who stirs the pot. You were not complaining in the Lattimore thread on draft day when we took him, why is that ?
[ Edited by KRS-1 on Jul 9, 2015 at 12:57 PM ]

I have empathy for Marcus and his injuries , but what puzzles me is, why did he even bother to enter the draft and put himself through the practices if he had no intention of playing?
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I have empathy for Marcus and his injuries , but what puzzles me is, why did he even bother to enter the draft and put himself through the practices if he had no intention of playing?

Where did he say he had no intention of playing?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
lol even he was surprised he got drafted.

Now that he's making peace with the way his career ended, Lattimore admits that he's surprised the 49ers ever drafted him in the first place. Lattimore figured he was an extreme long shot to ever come back from that extreme injury, and he wonders what the 49ers were thinking when they drafted him.

"I mean, why would you take a running back with two horrible knee injuries?" Lattimore told SB Nation. "I did pretty good, I played good in college, but if I'm a GM I don't think I would do it."

Lattimore says that during his time practicing with the 49ers, he always knew that he was nowhere near back to full speed, even as the team encouraged him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/09/marcus-lattimore-why-draft-a-running-back-with-my-knee-injuries/
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Knee pointing the other way ? Were you privvy to his medical check and re check ? Did you speak with any doctors on this matter ?

Your use of probably could have got him in the 7th in this case is just BS for "maybe but I don't really know what other teams were thinking so I'll throw s**t at the wall and hope it stirs the pot".

I'd venture to bet you never even watched a SC game when he was in college. We had 13 picks, spending a 4th round flyer on guy who was pre injury arguably the best RB in college football was worthy of a risk given the advances in medicine and the ability to help players come back from such serious injuries. Gore and McGahee overcame very serious injuries...you win some you lose some but if you don't play the game you cannot win.

Reality is, you have no clue as to whether he was worth a risk or not, you just wanna be Captain Hindsight who stirs the pot. You were not complaining in the Lattimore thread on draft day when we took him, why is that ?
EPIC PWNAGE
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Originally posted by KRS-1:

EPIC PWNAGE

lol I honestly dont remember what I said and Im not gonna waste my time to look it up, unlike some people .
[ Edited by susweel on Jul 9, 2015 at 2:05 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone