LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 214 users in the forums

Debunking the myth that LA is not a football town.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
What if the the teams time they have been in city...is over 40-50 years...which pretty much is a lifetime

What if? I think that is great - the Rams were in LA for 49 years I think. What is the question?
Originally posted by ArizonaBlue:
What if the the teams time they have been in city...is over 40-50 years...which pretty much is a lifetime

What if? I think that is great - the Rams were in LA for 49 years I think. What is the question?

You said you don't like fans that don't know the teams history before they moved to thier current city

You said you don't like fans that don't know the teams history before they moved to thier current city

Yes. I said that in relation to STL fans who don't care about the Rams before 1995 and act like Eric Dickerson, et. al are not relevant to the Rams.

We can expand it if you like.
[ Edited by ArizonaBlue on Jun 24, 2015 at 10:43 PM ]

Yes. I said that in relation to STL fans who don't care about the Rams before 1995 and act like Eric Dickerson, et. al are not relevant to the Rams.

We can expand it if you like.

I'm speaking for Bay Area peeps, Giants A's Warriors...all transplant teams that been here for 45+ years way before others and my time....I don't really care about thier history cause it was so long ago...but I do fit in your belief about that subject

I think it's fair for thme to only see 1995 and up..but if the Rams originated in St. Louis and people don't know past 1995..then to hell they go...lol
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jun 25, 2015 at 8:16 AM ]
I'm speaking for Bay Area peeps, Giants A's Warriors...all transplant teams that been here for 45+ years way before others and my time....I don't really care about thier history cause it was so long ago...but I do fit in your belief about that subject

I think it's care for the to only see 1995 and up..but if the Rams originated in St. Louis and people don't know past 1995..then to hell they go...lol

Ah, got it now. Yes, I agree with you on that. If you or your family / friends can remember it and talk about it - it happened and it matters.

If it was so long ago like you say, then - well, probably no one is talking about it anyway. I don't see a single Cleveland Rams fan making comments about them right now.

BTW: Congrats on the Warriors! Loved that Championship.
[ Edited by ArizonaBlue on Jun 24, 2015 at 11:47 PM ]
Ah, got it now. Yes, I agree with you on that. If you or your family / friends can remember it and talk about it - it happened and it matters.

If it was so long ago like you say, then - well, probably no one is talking about it anyway. I don't see a single Cleveland Rams fan making comments about them right now.

BTW: Congrats on the Warriors! Loved that Championship.

why would they? the Browns are clevelands team.the Rams were there for only a short period of time so why would anyone in the city care about them now when the Browns are their team? same as how nobody in Dallas cares about the chiefs who played there for two years as the dallas texans before moving to kansas city and becoming the kc chiefs.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
That's ancient history, no excuses to let this much time pass without a team.

well they tried to get a team back in the early 2000's but thankfully the LA group that was pursuing them was only half hearted in their efforts to get LA a team and the NFL did not award LA that franchise and gave houston the texans instead.very smart move because LA should not have just any team,it should be only the Rams with their history there they have.

same as if the 49ers had moved across town,i wouldn't want the bay area to have just any team to replace them,niners or nobody there.
[ Edited by mrmontana on Jun 25, 2015 at 9:08 AM ]
Originally posted by mrmontana:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
That's ancient history, no excuses to let this much time pass without a team.

well they tried to get a team back in the early 2000's but thankfully the LA group that was pursuing them was only half hearted in their efforts to get LA a team and the NFL did not award LA that franchise and gave houston the texans instead.very smart move because LA should not have just any team,it should be only the Rams with their history there they have.

same as if the 49ers had moved across town,i wouldn't want the bay area to have just any team to replace them,niners or nobody there.
Who cares if LA gets a team....probably never happen anyway
Originally posted by socal9er42:
Took a quick look at attendance figures for the Rams when they were in LA (at a website that wants to bring the team back to LA)

http://losangelesrams.org/about/statistics/attendance.html

Last 4 years they were near the bottom of the League in average attendance, and in their final year (1994) they were dead last. I remember that when what's-her-face took over (Frontiere?), the fans were less and less supportive, but that happened in 1979, so that doesn't explain the reason for the drop in attendance in the early 90's.

The reason that I remember LA had such a lousy reputation for Football fans was due to the fact that so many of them showed up late to the Games and left early.

Have you ever been to Los Angeles and tried to drive there on the highway ? its hell,people are late to games out there because the traffic is a parking lot on the highway most the time.thats what happens when you got a population of 18 million.

yes that is true,the last 4 years there the Rams attendance was terrible but it wasnt because the fans were pissed at the team,they were pissed at the OWNER rightfully so.The majority of the time in the NFL they were always in the top five in league attendance.I got that information from bring Back the Los Angeles Rams as well.

The fans stopped supporting the Rams in the early 90's because they had had it with that evil b***h owner who is burning in hell now for murdering her husband.They hated that woman and wanted her gone from ownership because she purposely treated Eric Dickerson,arguably one of the greatest running backs to play the game like dogcrap when he was there which is why he asked for a trade and wanted out of there.

she traded away Eric Dickerson,Toby Harrah,Kevin Greene and other NFL greats so she could purposely destroy the team and turn them into a loser and get the fans pissed at her to stop showing up for games so she could claim to the NFL she had bad fan support so she could move them to st louis,her hometown.

she was a clever b!tch who got her wish. the last two years there,the whole city knew they were leaving.Whats funny is the irony is the same thing is happening in st lou now.season ticket sales have dropped by 20% because everyone sees the writing is on the wall and knows they are as good as gone.

whats funny is most dont care.my company sends me on a business trip out there once a year in the spring and while i was down there,i saw a lot of people wearing cardinals and blues jerseys,but I did not spot one single Rams jersey and spoke to about 30 people wearing cardinal jerseys how they felt about the rams going back to LA and the majority said-who cares,they can have them.only a handful or so said they did not like it.some even said they were chiefs fans.true story.
[ Edited by mrmontana on Jun 25, 2015 at 9:27 AM ]
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
The 2nd most populous city in the USA is either not a football town, or all their fans are broke asses that can't afford to support a football team.

is that WHY there were over 20,000 Ram fans from the Bring Back The LA Rams group that showed up for the Chargers/Rams game in san diego? and that was only from the group,half the fans that showed up for that game were LA RAM fans ,half the sold out stadium was jumping up and down cheering when the first score of the game came when Rivers threw an interception ran back for a touchdown.doesnt sound like a bunch of poor people to me. you listen way too much to what the LAMESTREAM media reports.dont.

Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
It's a Laker city when they're winning, or a Clipper city when they're winning......or a Dodger city when they're winning. Hell, I've seen more Kings and Galaxy jerseys in the last three years than I ever have in the entire time I've lived here. Not to mention the ridiculous popularity of USC and UCLA.

Rubs is right, LA is a fair-weather town with fans who have better ways to spend their time and money if the product on the field is garbage. A new stadium will be the "it" thing to do for awhile and if the football team doesn't win games the crowds will go away. Just the way it is.

true that LA fans are fickle for most sports teams out there.They have pretty much jumped on the Clippers bandwagon and abondoned the Lakers now since the clippers are winning and the Lakers are losing and only show up for Dodger games when they are winning but again,the Rams were always supported well the majority of the time there always in the top five in league attendance the majority of the years.

Football is so much bigger now than before though and with it being played only once a week,the Rams wont have any problems getting fan support.

NFL football will do well if it is ONLY the Rams.If they are stupid though and bring in two teams and bring in the Chargers as well,they will screw it up.Like you said,with the popularity of USC and UCLA,LA will not succeed as an NFL football town if they bring in two teams.Nobody will go out and see the Chargers who would join them later as a second tenant.

The NFL is too stupid to understand that it doesnt work in LA like it does in new york because they have USC and UCLA they go out and support.If it is Rams only they do fine but they bring in two,then they will screw it all up.

I looked up some attendance numbers for the dallas cowboys from the 60's and they had crowds for home games as small as 30,000 at times and they are Americas team.
[ Edited by mrmontana on Jun 25, 2015 at 9:50 AM ]
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Lol, that's all hypothetical. Just because you post some b******t doesn't mean it's fact. You want proof? Look up a few posts where you state the Rams rivalry is as old as anything in baseball. Lol oh really. So if you are that wrong, why should I take your OP as fact. Because that baseball post was utter s**t. So save me the smileys and does anyone read anymore b******t. You aren't that smart.

you obviously hate the rams and there is a thing called sarcasm for that thing on the rivalry being as old as any.50 years though is a pretty damn long time for a rivalry.lol get over your hatred for the rams and accept it they were supported well.
@ MrMontanna: are you like the "anti" mr st louis? You know that poster?

If you are a Rams' fan posting on other team's fan's boards, then you must. If you do this regular enough as I do.

Enjoying your energy, if not your approach.

The LA RAMS are my second favorite team in the NFL behind the Niners.ever since they moved away I have always rooted for the team that plays them to win.st louis rams is such an asinine and childish name for a football team just as arizona cardinals are,when those two teams play i cant root for either i hate them both.I hate teams that leave their cities.when the Rams come back,then the cardinals will be the new team i hate the most in the NFL.
Several Niner fans on this board have been saying this for a long time now. As many say the same on the other NFC W team boards.

There is only one group who does not want the Rams home as far as I can tell: St. Louis Rams fans. The fans of the city - not the team.

whats really funny is there are actually sports fans in st louis that dont even care if they leave. you go down there in that city and ask cardinal and blues fans how they feel about them leaving,you'll find out most of them say-i dont care,they can have them. the fan support was bad enough last year when the niners played them on a monday night game no less with steve young reporting just 5 minutes before the game started saying-will the rams be in LA next year? I look around and all i see is empty seats everywhere so i cannot blame kroneke if he does move them.

young could not believe the small turnout. and st louis doesnt have the same problem LA does where the crowds come in late because of traffic either.lol

what baffles me here is WHY are so many niner fans around here areso obsessed with their hatred for the rams that they post what they THINK to be true,why they are sooooo afraid to read the OP and watch the videos is what is what is beyond me.
[ Edited by mrmontana on Jun 25, 2015 at 10:49 AM ]
Originally posted by NickSh49:
I live in LA and have lived here for 11 years now. There is no large contingent of Rams fans in the sports bars in Sundays. There is no majority... if anything you see more Raider mech and bumper stickers.

Sorry man. I can't say I see this Rams-contingent that you say is still strong here. If anything, Rans fans are pretty rare.

I suggest you watch the Rams/Chargers game played in san diego this past year. the first score came when Rivers threw an interception ran back for a touchdown by the Rams and when the cameras focused in on the crowd i was amazed and proud of the turnout from LA Ram fans there.over half the crowd in that sold out game were LA Ram fans jumping up and down cheering for the team. chargers stadium seats around 69,000 and from looking at all the fans in the stadium cheering,i would say about 40,000 or so were Ram fans and they were not Ram fans from st louis either.

matter of fact a person from st louis who came to that game cause he has relatives out in san diego,wrote a blogger that it was a refreshing change going to a Rams game where it felt like a home game instead of a road game as all games in st louis feel like.

The reason you see more Raider fans out there in LA than you do Ram fans is because the Raiders at least stayed in the same state when they moved out of LA,they did not relocate clear across the country.when the cardinals came to dodge stadium a few weeks ago,there were thousands in the crowd that were wearing Rams jerseys.

you should go to disneyland sometime also,you see more and more rams jerseys there all the time now the last couple years with more and more people convinced they are coming back and that is because they are aware that mayor Butts of Inglewood has met with Kroneke many times this past season and kroneke has told him he wants to be in LA.

Also every poll the LA TIMES has done,in all the polls they did,the Rams always came in first each time when asked what team they would like to have back the most between the Rams,Chargers,and Raiders and an ESPN poll as well showed everyone around the country voted Rams.

The LA times polls had the Rams in the lead with 65% of the votes,Raiders second with 30% of the votes,and Chargers dead last with a mere 5% votes.
Share 49ersWebzone