LISTEN: The 49ers Pick Is In! →

There are 441 users in the forums

OL Trenton Brown, Future Hall Of Fame Right Tackle

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by jcs:
New articles have the Faiders moving Brown back to RT....

Yeah I saw that last night Gruden plans to have him RT while keeping Miller left, at least for now. So you spend that kind of money to not play him at LT from the word go. When did Gruden turn into an actual moron?

Who cares? RT is incredibly important too. You act like he's having Trent Brown play FB or something.

There's next to no difference in LT and RT these days. This ain't 1984.

[ Edited by NCommand on May 8, 2019 at 4:21 PM ]
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by babarvaart:
true but for most the left side is still the QBs weaker side, maybe not as big a difference but that blind side is where the motherload hits come from

unless you're jimmy G where most of the hits come from the middle.

LOL. Truth.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by babarvaart:
true but for most the left side is still the QBs weaker side, maybe not as big a difference but that blind side is where the motherload hits come from

unless you're jimmy G where most of the hits come from the middle.

LOL. Truth.

Overlooked reality in all of this we shouldn't have traded Trent Brown stuff. I'm sure someone has done a breakdown already, but it wouldn't surprise me if that's where most of Jimmy's pressure is coming from.
He's still a tad bitter at our FO.

If we were hoping to kill his career when we traded him, we wouldn't have traded him to ****ing New England lmao.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

If we were hoping to kill his career when we traded him, we wouldn't have traded him to ****ing New England lmao.

Some guys too much wallowing in their own s**t to realized, Kyle actually did him a favor in trading him.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Dude, this guy got a very nice contract protecting a QB that knows how to move in a pocket and get the ball out. He may want to keep his mouth shut, given Carr's emerging issues and the level of help he'll receive from the guy next to him.

His new coach also has an interesting way of demonstrating disappointment. I don't see Brown living out his contract.

Seriously what a stupid thing to say.

"They wanted to kill my career and sent me to a place where I had an instant starting job protecting the blind side of the best QB in the game with a chance to win the SB every year"

I have no issues with Trent but kind of hoping he sucks with Oakland so he can realize we did him a great favor trading him to NE.
Originally posted by genus49:

Seriously what a stupid thing to say.

"They wanted to kill my career and sent me to a place where I had an instant starting job protecting the blind side of the best QB in the game with a chance to win the SB every year"

I have no issues with Trent but kind of hoping he sucks with Oakland so he can realize we did him a great favor trading him to NE.

I can only guess he meant traded in general. Obviously protecting the blindside of Tom Brady is not a demotion. Either way, I'm happy for him.

What a douche.

"They traded me to a team that goes to a SB every year, that has the winningest QB in NFL history, a guy that gets rid of the ball so fast that it makes all of his OL better...MAN THEY TRIED TO DESTROY ME!"

This fool is living the life. He has a super bowl ring, a fat ass contract and he's away from the 49ers....and he still complains? I guess he loves abuse.
This fool is living the life. He has a super bowl ring, a fat ass contract and he's away from the 49ers....and he still complains? I guess he loves abuse.

That wasn't a complaint. It was shade at the Niners. For whatever reason Kyle never really took to Brown or at least didn't believe he was a system fit. Brown took it personal. No mystery here.
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
It's real trendy to pretend everything is working against you. Makes you appear resilient and formidable...and your success seem all the more anomalous.

It's a ubiquitous, perfunctory response in this current environment.
I didn't realize the raiders were paying him that big contract to play the right side. Especially when their tackle they drafted high last year was booty on the left side.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
He looks like he weighs 400 pounds. Big boy.
Share 49ersWebzone