LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 291 users in the forums

OL Trenton Brown, Future Hall Of Fame Right Tackle

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by NCommand:
We need the video of him dunking...yes...dunking!

Was he dunking donuts or basketballs.

Here ya go

https://twitter.com/RosenhausSports/status/573698388803321856/video/1
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
why did he fall to the 7th?

Simply too big, which caused him problems with his conditioning and injuries. He has a lot of natural talent, but he could easily never amount to anything if he doesn't work hard enough to get himself into "NFL Shape" and stay in that shape.

He came to the Senior Bowl at 375, but was 355 at the combine. That's probably why he got drafted, because he showed enough dedication to drop that weight. I think he still needs to drop at least 10-20 more pounds. With NFL coaching, strengthening, and conditioning, his ceiling is very high. As late as we got him, the nearly non-existent risk was well worth this pick.

Brown is a perfect fit to start out in the goal line package. If he is ever able to get down to say 6-8 340, he still provides a us a massive blocker in the run game. The long arms and wide base help sometime with his lack of foot quickness, which will have to be a big area he works on. Again, he comes with a variety of fixable issues, it just remains to be seen if he can/will get those corrected.
Maybe they want to convert him to a NT??

I'd sure hate to pick up his food bill.

Line him up 3 yards in the backfield on goal line and short yardage situations with the ball in his hand....
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Simply too big, which caused him problems with his conditioning and injuries. He has a lot of natural talent, but he could easily never amount to anything if he doesn't work hard enough to get himself into "NFL Shape" and stay in that shape.

He came to the Senior Bowl at 375, but was 355 at the combine. That's probably why he got drafted, because he showed enough dedication to drop that weight. I think he still needs to drop at least 10-20 more pounds. With NFL coaching, strengthening, and conditioning, his ceiling is very high. As late as we got him, the nearly non-existent risk was well worth this pick.

Brown is a perfect fit to start out in the goal line package. If he is ever able to get down to say 6-8 340, he still provides a us a massive blocker in the run game. The long arms and wide base help sometime with his lack of foot quickness, which will have to be a big area he works on. Again, he comes with a variety of fixable issues, it just remains to be seen if he can/will get those corrected.

Let's be honest here.

If conditioning is really his biggest hurdle...and he has already shown the willingness and the desire to get himself in better shape...then frankly we got a steal in the 7th and the guy might be used frequently in run packages right away...goal line or otherwise.

He is a much better pick than Silbermann was.
[ Edited by reasonable1 on May 14, 2015 at 10:22 AM ]
Originally posted by reasonable1:

Let's be honest here.

If conditioning is really his biggest hurdle...and he has already shown the willingness and the desire to get himself in better shape...then frankly we got a steal in the 7th and the guy might be used frequently in run packages right away...goal line or otherwise.

I agree. It still remains to be seen if he will keep the weight off and be a guy who shows up in shape year in and year out. But, he has the athleticism and ability to be dominate.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
We need the video of him dunking...yes...dunking!

Was he dunking donuts or basketballs.

Here ya go

https://twitter.com/RosenhausSports/status/573698388803321856/video/1

he made that look pretty easy haha. He seems thinner in the video. how recent is it?
Originally posted by philosoraptor:

Let's be honest here.

I agree. It still remains to be seen if he will keep the weight off and be a guy who shows up in shape year in and year out. But, he has the athleticism and ability to be dominate.

Being honest, I'm blown away at how quick his feet are and how athletic he is at 6'8" 350! Enough to play well at the T position. And to come here and STILL be considered a T. They must see something in him. It looks like Baalke and Foerster are looking to remain BIG but also athletic and that still could mean a lean towards more zone blocking. Like Marcus Martin (who looks like he's in way better shape), I'm expecting some of these bigger dudes like Brown and Davis to slim down and hit the cardio more. Thomas, Kilgore and Martin are ready to go (or will be).
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
LADIES AND GENITALSSSS!!!

We may have just found the real GEM in this draft!!!!

Welcome to the houseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee TBROWN!!!!!!
Originally posted by 9moon:

I'm excited to see what the kid can do. I'm sure it will be much better than the Chris Martin & Andrew Tiller's of the past/present.

Originally posted by philosoraptor:

Let's be honest here.

Being honest, I'm blown away at how quick his feet are and how athletic he is at 6'8" 350! Enough to play well at the T position. And to come here and STILL be considered a T. They must see something in him. It looks like Baalke and Foerster are looking to remain BIG but also athletic and that still could mean a lean towards more zone blocking. Like Marcus Martin (who looks like he's in way better shape), I'm expecting some of these bigger dudes like Brown and Davis to slim down and hit the cardio more. Thomas, Kilgore and Martin are ready to go (or will be).

I would love to see the niners switch to a zone blocking scheme. I personally think it better suits Hyde's lack of patience. But like you said many of our olinemen would have to cut some blubber.

If we had anthony davis and T brown next to each other . Im pretty sure every dline would start crapping themselves.
RG suit up......unless he's too slow to adapt to zbs.

Idk if they're switching but that what some folks think
How about the nickname "Green Mile"? Will that catch on?
Originally posted by 9moon:

I'm excited to see what the kid can do. I'm sure it will be much better than the Chris Martin & Andrew Tiller's of the past/present.

A burger away to eat himself out of the league I like to see consistency with this kid training camp will be huge
This guy was a beast in college. I think he will make the team. If he improves his conditioning he will be quite good. If not, he should still be a good backup and jumbo guy. Only downside is he will have limited value on ST.
Share 49ersWebzone